• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Melvin Whites NFL comparison from Nfl.com pre 2013 draft.

thunderraiden

All the bad teams next year will be getting line help. Build the line through FA and draft WRs and CBs.

You don't find future starters at OT and OG in free agency. And we need to be careful with our money.

I say we go best OL or WR available and same with the second round.

Sherman may not even be the best cb on his team, much less the NFL. I see some of you are buying what his mouth, not his play, is selling.

Aaaaand any credibility u once had is now completely gone. The only DB in the league that looked remotely as good as Sherman over the passed 2 years is Peanut Tillman. End this non sense right now

You don't find future starters at OT and OG in free agency. And we need to be careful with our money.

I say we go best OL or WR available and same with the second round.

That's not true at all. You don't go the SF route and wait 10 years for a good line.

That's not true at all. You don't go the SF route and wait 10 years for a good line.

What? They didn't wait 10 years?

They drafted a few studs for their Oline over a couple years durin their rebuilding process and now have one of the best in the league.

That's how you do it, do you watch the draft?

Aaaaand any credibility u once had is now completely gone. The only DB in the league that looked remotely as good as Sherman over the passed 2 years is Peanut Tillman. End this non sense right now

Sherman barely squeaks into the t25 on stats like epa and wpa, bottom of t10 in success rate, higher ypg against and yac against than Browner, is targeted by opposing coaches and qbs more than Browner, lead the league in one single category last year while looking mediocre in most others, and I'm supposed to buy his hype just bc you do? You some sort of ESPN nuthugger or something? I could care less if you think I'm credible. Pd and ints, while important, don't tell the whole story. I think Sherman is a very good corner, just not best in the league, but your bitch ass wants to come on here talking credibility just bc I'm not on his nuts. Gtfo with that nonsense.

Sherman barely squeaks into the t25 on stats like epa and wpa, bottom of t10 in success rate, higher ypg against and yac against than Browner, is targeted by opposing coaches and qbs more than Browner, lead the league in one single category last year while looking mediocre in most others, and I'm supposed to buy his hype just bc you do? You some sort of ESPN nuthugger or something? I could care less if you think I'm credible. Pd and ints, while important, don't tell the whole story. I think Sherman is a very good corner, just not best in the league, but your bitch ass wants to come on here talking credibility just bc I'm not on his nuts. Gtfo with that nonsense.

4058513+_1924486b0d522969bfc91b4db42a6d8

thats some funny stuff dude. that was good. too funny

When did I use the word impossible?

At any rate, why I don't believe we 'drafted' a shutdown corner of that level? Because the odds of drafting a Sherman that late is nonexistent. Hell, Richard wasn't even suppose to be drafted in the late rounds. Harbaugh had a hand in that.

Let's have realistic expectations here, okay? I don't want us to be like Raider fans making Cam Newton comparisons to Terrelle Pryor. Realistic expectations.

You may not have said impossible but you clearly don't believe it is.

"No. White is good but will be as good as Sherman? Hell no...

How we obtained him has no bearing whatsoever on what he is capable of.  Maybe there wasn't much tape on this guy, maybe the local media didn't play it up.   Maybe nobody did a YOUTUBE video for him.  Mayock didn't know crap about him.  

With some seasoning and a bit of confidence who knows.    I am not saying he will or won't be as good as Sherman but I do believe in giving the man a chance before I make a statement that HELL NO, he won't be as good as Sherman.

You say Realistic Expectations and I say to you Limited Expectations.  You have limited expectations.

I coach kids (when I get a chance these days), and year in and year out.   I have parents tell me.  You can't teach them that.  They are too young to do that.  I tell the parents.  Sure I can.  If they don't get it, then no worries.  If they do then you have a special player.  You give them an unlimited ceiling and allow them to set it.  You don't set it and hope they exceed it.

I guess it goes to the glass of milk is it half empty or half full?  I see it as half full.

Well, great for you but that's not how the world works. Once again, the odds we've obtained a shutdown corner of Sherman's caliber as UDFA are relatively low. Very low. Stop feeding yourself grandiose visions for White. He's been very decent thus far but not special. 

You are so GD stuck on how we obtained him.  There are many Hall of Famers that were undrafted. 

Tell me how the world works.  Cause you say so? 

First of all I have very normal expectations of White.  I always have.   You're the one placing limits on him.   Not me.

He has one of the best DB coaches in the NFL right now.  I would be pretty sure Louisiana Lafayette isn't loaded with great defensive coaches.   It is pretty obvious that some of that quality coaching is showing up.

So we'll leave it at your HELL NO, he won't be as good as Sherman, EVER.  And I will leave it as "He's talented enough, lets see if he is a true diamond in the rough."

Archived