• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Armanti Sighting

DawgzLife

Dude ... are you seriously talking about a guy not on our roster anymore, who currently plays in a completely different division, and had an underwhelming game. You are calling him out on another teams message board?? Get a life .... 

Are you high?!

Another teams message board?  I've been on the Huddle from very early on & am a Panther fan from when the decision was made to give Carolina a team.

Your team must be ESPN's MNF announcers.  Embarrassing.

Armanti is a good guy. I wish him well. Its not his fault Hurney was an idiot.

It's not just that.

The approach John Fox and his staff took to their lame duck season meant the rookies, Armanti included, went all but uncoached.

In Edwards case, it really showed.

I still don't buy him as an NFL player, but if he was ever going to succeed, he needed a better situation than this.

It's not just that.

The approach John Fox and his staff took to their lame duck season meant the rookies, Armanti included, went all but uncoached.

In Edwards case, it really showed.

I still don't buy him as an NFL player, but if he was ever going to succeed, he needed a better situation than this.

Excellent point----I witnessed that in Spartanburg.  We wanted to see Clausen, but he was 3rd on the depth chart and got no reps.  Marty went rogue--he didn't consider Fox's input.   To support my position, it was not Fox's job to take on projects with the first four picks of that draft (Clausen, Lafell, Edwards, Norwood) when his job was on the line.  Without the coach's input, Hurney showed how bad he could be as a talent evaluator.  We needn't forget the reason we did not have a first rounder that year: Everette Brown, a second round bust that we gave up a mid-round first rounder to get.

I am pretty sure that Fox knew why teams with no QB (KC, Minnesota) passed on Clausen TWICE.  But I think the trade for Armanti was the straw that broke the camel's back.  Hurney said that he and some coaches had visited Boone, but I am pretty certain that Fox was not thinking third rounder.  You could tell by the post-pick pressers that Fox was pissed.

Archived