• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Boo's First Away Game/First Time to California Adventure

boo7382

This is my perspective of California. First time going there and my first away game, lots of excitement in one weekend! I wanted to share my awesome adventure with everyone.

I went out and stayed with my cousin who lives in San Francisco, and about 30 people I know went out to go to the game from Charlotte.

I flew in Friday afternoon around 3:30 and my cousin picked me up from the airport. We immediately went to see the bridge after an hour in traffic to make the sunset. There wasn't any fog so it was beautiful.

20131108_170125.jpg

The next day, we went and did a bunch of sightseeing and touristy things. Went to Haight Ashbury, I bought a Panthers bowl. Went and saw the Painted Ladies aka The Full House houses. You know what Im talking about. Went to the gay neighborhood, saw a naked guy walking down the street.

Sunday I went with my cousin and 3 of her friends (SF Fans) to meet my friends at their party bus at Candlestick. It was an awesome bus, they also had a lot of food and we were right outside one of the gates. They have one huge lot they tailgate in unlike our many small lots downtown.

20131110_111144.jpg

20131110_114959.jpg

We were being pretty loud, got a good amount of poo talked to us, but overall not too harassed. They have a lot of hispanic gangster looking fans? We were talking to a cop at one point and they told us that there was known gangs tailgating in the parking lot....their colors happen to be 49ers colors...great.

They had a "moustache ride" in the lot for Prostate Cancer month. Basically one of those kid rides shaped like a moustache....pretty hilarious watching that.

Tailgating was pretty awesome. The stadium blows a loud horn every 30 minutes or so before the game starts and everyone goes crazy, that was cool. My girlfriends made signs and I had my offense/defense banner

20131110_122403.jpg

Their stadium is SUPER cramped. Since its made for baseball, I suppose it made sense to make it small, but its like walking through a fraternity party trying to get to your seats. Lines are super long everywhere you go...for both the bathrooms and concessions.

Once we got to our seats, I was pretty much standing the whole time from excitement before the game started. They had an alright opening, but nothing as good as our player introductions. Their jumbotron is way smaller and hard to see and they are different sizes on either side of the stadium. 

We were lower end zone in the corner....some views from my seats:

20131110_125522.jpg

20131110_130718.jpg

In my section, it was me.....and my cousin...49ers fan, then a guy about 2 rows down from me and one a few rows up that were Panthers fans....all others 49ers fans. They get LOUD when they are on D...that's one thing I will give them, they really do know how to be a good crowd...always quiet on offense and loud as hell on Defense. They have some stupid chant when they score a first down that is something like OOOO, AAAAA....weird.

Well, everyone around me immediately hated me since I was standing the entire time we were on Defense the whole first half. They were all yelling at us telling us to sit down, it was almost like being home in the Panthers stadium. I just told most of them to shove it, I mean, Im not very tall, you can obviously see over me.

20131110_134306.jpg

20131110_134700.jpg

20131110_134745.jpg

20131110_134837.jpg

This dude was awesome.....he was hardcore the entire game, swinging his growl towel around and screaming. At one point, he was about to fight a SF fan a few rows back from him who kept telling him to sit down. 

1384117011329.jpg

20131110_160819.jpg

20131110_160951.jpg

20131110_161022.jpg

sidenote- haha look at all those 49er fans leaving in the backgroun

20131110_161207.jpg

I think one of the guys on here that is from here sat near a few of my girlfriends. They were on the other side of the field from me, center end zone. Same end zone DWill scored in. One of them told her he was part of Cali Cat Pack and I know that PanthaSan is in that since he sent me and biscuit bumper stickers a few years ago!

After the game, we all met back up at our Panthers party bus and pretty much went insane. Rode the bus all the way back to their condo all while screaming, drinking, and talking poo to all the 49ers fans riding in the buses around us.

20131110_163719.jpg

That night was just a huge celebration.

Overall, that was in my top 5 most fun games and moment as a Panther fan. Such a great win at the last minute with the interception. I don't think I have screamed that loud at the top of my lungs in a long time. The silence in the stadium during the last drive and the interception was GREAT. Even if I couldnt see the play, I knew it was a catch because of the silence.

Monday we all flew home with pride in our gear,

IMG_20131111_100809.jpg

Such an awesome trip. So very worth it. My friends were on TV a good amount, we kept getting backed up to their end zone on offense.

oh, a guy that tailgated with us is on here too but idk what his name is

Archived