• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How many of the top 250 IMDB movies of all time have you seen? -fun game

Hotsauce

73 - but I am sure I have watched at least 10 or more of the movies on that list that I just don't remember and didn't check them.

I don't watch westerns and never got into the classics so that eliminates about half of them right from the get go.

Yea....you have to be a little more cultured to appreciate the classics. :cool:

Only 68. Granted, I'm 19 and the number of movies I've ever seen that pre-date 1990 can probably be counted on two hands, but still.

Also, there are about 25 films on this list that I've got on my watch list, but I just don't watch movies like I used to.

Also, holy Miyazaki. He's got at least 8 films on here. Good lord.

And there are a ton of questionable movies on here. Take The Sixth Sense for example. Terribly predictable, mediocre movie at best.

V For Vendetta, The Avengers, Sin City, Requiem For A Dream, The Matrix. I can't imagine any of these being as high as they are on this list, let alone on the list at all for some of them.

I've never seen 2 seconds of any LOTR movie. Or Harry Potter (don't remember if its on the list).

Both incredible film series. I guess I grew up with both of them, so it might be different for me, but regardless.

LOTR is the best trilogy of all time, I don't think it's even debatable. 

As for Harry Potter, even though the first half of the series is very light and childish, the films get darker the further the series progresses, and it's all so magical (for lack of a better word) how you can get drawn into their world.

But I digress!! I'd recommend LoTR to anyone.

And there are a ton of questionable movies on here. Take The Sixth Sense for example. Terribly predictable, mediocre movie at best.

V For Vendetta, The Avengers, Sin City, Requiem For A Dream, The Matrix. I can't imagine any of these being as high as they are on this list, let alone on the list at all for some of them.

You logic is questionable but it is yours.

Sixth Sense- predictable and mediocre

Cabin in the Woods- great and original!

You logic is questionable but it is yours.

Sixth Sense- predictable and mediocre

Cabin in the Woods- great and original!

Well I think you have to look at the context as well.

Sixth Sense is considered one of the best films of the 90's, but if you didn't realize Bruce Willis was dead after 15-20 minutes, then I don't know what movie you were watching. Did nobody else pick up the almost blatant hints?

Cabin in the Woods, when considering how generic and terrible 90% of horrors are these days, was very refreshing. It mocked the world of horror and infused comedy with the scares. It was very original and very entertaining.

Archived