• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Seahawks VS 49ers, why do people pick 49ers?

cardiackat88.

when people gonna realize the best team doesnt always win? others factors are at play.

dont be surprised if we lose to the aints this weekend when we all know we are the better team.

If we lose we aren't better yet. It is obvious to both organizations we are the organization with the most upside. Our impact players are younger and we have more young talent on our roster.

Posted Today, 01:50 PM

PntherPryd, on 05 Dec 2013 - 1:45 PM, said:snapback.png

not sure why you quoted me, unless I am wrong in assuming you are panther fan.  The comment was about playoff positioning, not about other teams sucking.

I quoted you because you responded to my post.

My point was that there is no connection between who Vegas and the "experts" pick and who I want to win or lose in order to maximize the Panthers playoff scenario. I can acknowledge why a pick is made even if that pick goes against my interests as a Panthers fan.

The OP seemed to want to say that the 49ers suck because we beat them. Or if not the OP than it made me think of people who do that...who degrade every other team while ignoring the concept that doing so doesn't do much to flatter your  own team.. I guess it was a tangent to the original point.

Seahawks fan here. First, let me clear up some misinformation in this thread.

Here are some points.

1. We are 5-1 on the road, and in our last eight road games (dating back to last year), we are 7-1. That's the best record in the NFL during that stretch and we have the best road record in the NFL this year. The "Seahawks are bad on the road" is a myth which was overblown by last year's result (we went 8-0 at home and 3-5 on the road), and media hype about our home field advantage. In 2011, we were only 4-4 at home. Same stadium. Same fans. We've won close games on the road and close games at home. We've had blowout wins at home and blowout wins on the road. Our so-called "road woes" are no different than any other NFL team. With that said...

2. This partially explains why Vegas has us as 3 pt underdogs and why most "experts" are picking the 49ers to win. Perception sometimes is greater than reality.

3. We have not won the division yet. A 49ers win opens the door for them to not only win the division, but take the #1 seed. This is the NFL. Anything can happen. Our last three games are @NYG, and home vs ARZ and STL Any of those games can be lost. Losing two of those last three games would potentially put us in serious trouble as far as playoff seeding goes, including dropping to the #5 seed. Unlikely, but the door gets opened for that possibility. We'd like to see that door shut.

4. Conversely, this game is actually less important for the 49ers. Because even with a loss, the 49ers are in the driver's seat for a wildcard spot, regardless of the outcomes of the other games in week 14.

On NFL..com, only one person out of five "experts" chose the Seahawks to win.

Please someone explain to me what the sudden hype is about the 49ers? When did they start playing any better than when the lost to the Panthers and the Saints?

It's bugging the living hell out of me. They have not been that great this year, by any means

Is this just the media machine churning?

Because they don't want to admit that they were premature in crowning both the QB and the Coach as the GOAT.

Its funny how every team can have excuses except the Panthers....and since when are Mario Manningham and Crabtree, All Pros.  Amazing.

On NFL..com, only one person out of five "experts" chose the Seahawks to win.

Please someone explain to me what the sudden hype is about the 49ers? When did they start playing any better than when the lost to the Panthers and the Saints?

It's bugging the living hell out of me. They have not been that great this year, by any means

Is this just the media machine churning?

Good question. The 49ers have shown an inability to stop Russell Wilson and score touchdowns on the Seahawks' defense in Seattle. The Seahawks haven't won in San Fransisco in years. It looks like a good match up on paper, but Seattle's defense is going to be too much for Kaepernick and Gore. 12th man will be in attendance, you'll see a lot of blue and green in that crowd.

If I had to bet the proverbial farm on this game I would go Seahawks. Kaep has looked almost foolish this year since week 1.

The niner defense is damn good but I don't think they'll save the offense from itself.

Btw Seahawk guy, Phillyb has a post on a Cam thread about how perception BECOMES reality. It's actually well thought out coherent and documented. You sbould check that sh1t out. :)

Archived