• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Our offense style / scheme is not gonna cut it

Dash Global

What game did you guys watch? We took more shots downfield than we ever do. They didn't work. Bad routes, bad throws. If we had stayed true to our offensive philosophy we would have moved the chains more consistently. We put ourselves in bad positions by wasting downs going down field. This thread wreaks of having a beef and using access to the results to prove it.

Playcalling will and can change our O.

Cam was having zero time yet we still didnt go to the quick 3 step passing routes.

Brady shredded our secondary as well.

Any elite QB will do that. Its why they are elite.

Id rather lose TRYING to play the right way than lose playing some scared pussified ball control offense.

Yes.....go back to the big play style with this OL and WR corp and it will lead to lots of 3 and outs and turnovers.....and losses bc we will make life hard on a good D.

And we beat Brady....

And we lost a game in the dome in prime time....with one quarter determining the game. You don't overreact to that.....you move on and go back to winning with your winning formula

I agree with what you've said with one major exception.... smart conservative football doesnt win games against teams built for shootouts like the 2013 Saints. not saying we arent built to play elite football against elite teams and win marquee games. we are. but you're missing the point of the OP. the gameplan was way too conservative for the type of game we needed to play tonight. play conservative against the 2013 Bucs, you'll win every time. play conservative against the 2013 Saints, you'll win 1 out of every 10 times. simple as that.

Glad someone gets it. 

We can beat average teams all day with our current style. 

You want to beat the big boys you will need to match them score for score. 

And I can assure you that will not happen playing some ball control conservative O. 

Our offense is this way because this what the personnel dictates. We have no play makers out side of the QB. When your QB is the most explosive person on your offense you are in a world of trouble.

You noticed that the Panthers are one of the worst YAC teams in the NFL. If Cam throws the ball 5 yards. The WR or TE gets 5 yards. That is it.

We are doing the right thing on offense. The offense needs to not turn the ball over and get out of the way of our top 5 defense.

Our defense CANNOT give up 30+ points. They are the most talented unit on this team. They have the superior defensive head coach. They have all the high draft picks and the most money being dumped into them.

The defense HAS to produce better against elite offenses.

The offense just needs to score about 17 points, not turn over the ball, and generally get out of the way.

Glad someone gets it.

We can beat average teams all day with our current style.

You want to beat the big boys you will need to match them score for score.

And I can assure you that will not happen playing some ball control conservative O.

We beat NE with it

And we will beat NO outdoors on grass with it

Yes.....go back to the big play style with this OL and WR corp and it will lead to lots of 3 and outs and turnovers.....and losses bc we will make life hard on a good D.

And we beat Brady....

And we lost a game in the dome in prime time....with one quarter determining the game. You don't overreact to that.....you move on and go back to winning with your winning formula

I dont care if it is big play or not. We could do 4 yard passes the whole game for all I care. 

I just want us to play smart ie ATTACK the defense's weakness and move the ball / score points. 

Simply put screw the 3 n outs and punts and fgs. 

We beat NE with it

And we will beat NO outdoors on grass with it

We beat NE due to matching them score for score. 

Like I said I dont care how we score. I just want us to get the job done on O ie score on most your possessions. 

It can be on big play bombs or it can be on long drives. 

Well, if you have a top tier defense, I think you can afford to play a more conservative offensive system. I thought were top tier d' coming into tonight's game, ranking in the top 3 in a number of defensive categories.

I was proven wrong

I think the Patriots exposed a lot of holes in our offense; even though we escaped with a win. This isn't to say that we can't clean things up and come back stronger next week or next year, bur our front 7 was manhandled tonight. I thought in order for us to win, we had to get in the face of Brees like the Seahawks did. Without that, he would pick us apart. We didn't and he did. 

I dont care if it is big play or not. We could do 4 yard passes the whole game for all I care.

I just want us to play smart ie ATTACK the defense's weakness and move the ball / score points.

Simply put screw the 3 n outs and punts and fgs.

We have pretty much done that this season....

Sometimes you just get beat. Other team can out plan you.....just one game. Marathon.

We have pretty much done that this season....

Sometimes you just get beat. Other team can out plan you.....just one game. Marathon.

This season has been about the D shutting teams down. We didnt rarely needed to match anyone score for score. 

I am not confident in our teams ability to go score for score with the likes of Brees, Brady, Manning, and Rodgers. 

I think we match up much better with teams like SEA and SF. 

As I said to begin with there is no reason we can not have an elite O as well as an elite D. 

Getting beat by NO in the dome results in this?

Good God.

OK.  I guess we suck now?

DERP you clearly dont' get it.

Our offense is pretty bad and Cam has saved face for it so many times.

We have tore up some awful defenses whoooo!

Drops, OL flood gate, Stutterstep Williams, and Shulas coloring book need to be addressed in the off-season.

Archived