• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Double dip

ncguy2184

It hasn't? You need to go back and watch more games. Our OL have been terrible in two games only this season (Bills and Cardinals). Last night game had nothing to do with the OL. Cam was running trying to make a play due to the lack of separation from the receivers.

nothing to do with OL? Cam never even tried to run. Even if he had, the OL looked like they were scared or something out there. Bell especially. its like Bell wasnt even there. 

The game where no damn receivers could get open. Some of y'all fans just don't get it. Y'all watch the game and see Cam get sack and y'all like "wtf OL!". Y'all don't see that Cam had enough time in the pocket last night but no damn receivers were able to get separation. It's a game where eleven men play, not just the OL.

however i do agree with you that the receiving corp sucks dog balls. Both positions need to be fixed this offseason. 

WR and TE in 1st and 2nd.     Oline was bad,  but the few times it did hold up,  Cam was left back there,  with nothing,   the cameras would pan across the field and we'd see every single one of our receiving options that were on the field,  completely smothered,  with no chance or desire to break free.    situations like that,  even a stud Oline is going to fail,  if they've to block for 6-9+ seconds. 

TE,  not because I want to replace Olsen.   I'd like to see more 2 TE sets. 

Bottom line is that we need road graders to make this offense a compliment to the defense.  This will make us an instant super bowl contender.  At this time, we have guys that are giving what they've got, but it isn't good enough to impose their will on opposing defenses with respect to the run game.  You get that in order, and passing attack magically gets better.  Add a couple free agents that will come through in clutch 3rd downs or a reliable guy that can stretch the field and you'll have an offensive nightmare to defenses to contend with.  To make it work, you NEED the oline to control the trenches.  Without that, the skill positions mean NOTHING.

WR and TE in 1st and 2nd.     Oline was bad,  but the few times it did hold up,  Cam was left back there,  with nothing,   the cameras would pan across the field and we'd see every single one of our receiving options that were on the field,  completely smothered,  with no chance or desire to break free.    situations like that,  even a stud Oline is going to fail,  if they've to block for 6-9+ seconds. 

That 2 TE sets only work when you have over sized wide receivers playing TE

we need downfield play makers

I honestly think we hae a shot at signing Hakeem Nicks in the offseason. He doesn't lack talent but he is having a terrible year. I'm all for it as long as we don't over pay. His play this year shouldn't warrant him a big contract.

I know I sound crazy but I think there are several wrs in this upcoming draft that can offer us more.

Double dip on Moncrief and Benjamin and we evolve into a top 5 offense

Thats why wide receivers are so important, you can have subpar o line play as long as you have receivers that you can trust to get open when you throw the ball. Manning and Brees don't have all pro lines but they have dependable receivers who can get open allowing them to get rid of the ball quickly

Thats why wide receivers are so important, you can have subpar o line play as long as you have receivers that you can trust to get open when you throw the ball. Manning and Brees don't have all pro lines but they have dependable receivers who can get open allowing them to get rid of the ball quickly

Same goes for Matt Ryan with Julio Jones and Roddy White. We definately need to invest a first and possibly a second in WR. I wouldn't even mind trading back up into the 1st.

Archived