• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Post Your Reaction When Rivera Punted With 2 Mins Left...Be Honest

chknwing

First, I was like there goes the game.  Now, I have more confidence in the team than I had earlier in the year.  I was still a little nervous once we got the ball back on offense because of the way the offense played the whole game.  Since this team proven that they can put together a game winning drive, my apprehension has lessen.  I had a feeling that we would pull it out at the end.

I thought that we were between a rock and a hard place.  I seriously didn't know what he should do, so I was good either way.  The thing is though, that I reasoned that the way our #2 defense in the NFL was playing, how could you not trust them to get a stop?  I also thought that the Saints would have enough hubris to run it three times in a row, and rely on their defense to stop our offense with the game on the line. Their error, and Riverboat Ron looks like a genius again. 

I was concerned that one first down by the Saints and the game is over.........But I thought it might be a better gamble that to go 4th and long with the way the offense was going on that series.......

......but a coaching mistake by the Saints to go conservative with 3 run plays on the ensuring possession surprised me..............Even so at the time it appeared good move on their part since our offense was anemic from the 2nd quarter up to that point.

So we got the ball back and with Smith out and Cam hurting (no running) I thought here we go 4 and out we lose..........

But that first play to Ginn lite the fire...........

Archived