• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Do you buy replacement blades or get a new razor?

Dpantherman

Believe it or not, I just started using a razor, mainly because I have really sensitive skin (I was previously just using a trimmer). Long story short I've found out what all of you already know, the razor is cheaper than the replacement blades.  This may sound like a stupid question because I'm sure most of you just buy the replacement blades, but do any of you get a new razor all together?

I'm with ya on the electric razor. I gave up using them probably 25 years ago when I got tired of them just not getting it done. But I have big hands and finding a razor that feels comfortable is tough and my current razor is about 3 years old. As long as the blades are available for it, I'm happy.

I'm a pretty frugal person, but when it comes to creature comforts and personal hygiene I don't spare any expense.

That's fuggin' brilliant! Unfortunately, with my baby face, there's no way I need 4 cartridges per month. I only need to shave Sunday night and Wednesday morning in order to keep a clean face for the office. I could just subscribe for two months and be set for the year.

And in regard to the OP, I got a Shick Quattro for free Freshman year in college in my welcome package, and I liked it so much that I've held onto it. I bought one crazy expensive set of replacement blades, and then never reinvested, and have just bought and thrown away other razors (usually in the Christmas gift sets where you get a razor, replacement blades and shaving cream for about $20. (And yes, buying one of those every December lasts me the entire year, my beard grows that slowly. I'm 26.)) But Groupon just had a deal for Shick Quattro heads that was too good to pass up, so I'll be using my favorite shaver again!

You must have the Joe Dirt growth pattern.

I use Shick Hydro 5...I buy the cartridges at BJs for cheap.  Since I change blades about every 3 weeks, the 16 pack I just bought will last me about a year. 

I switched to a old school double edged safety razor (pack of 10 blades that I use is $3.58 shipped on amazon)

I'm never going back to the overpriced crap, not only is it cheaper, but I get a better shave with no razor bumps.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Archived