• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

We could still lose the 2nd seed.

Pantherman

Wildcard was added later. It's an incentive to get more people into the playoffs. If you didn't win your division, you certainly don't deserve to have homefield advantage. If we lost to a 7-9 team in the playoffs like the Saints did, then we don't deserve a Super Bowl anyway. 

If we lose the division to the Saints, then no, we don't deserve homefield. Especially considering we lost to the Seahawks anyway.

You just contradicted yourself though. You just said if you play an easy schedule should you get rewarded. If you dont do anything to separate yourself from others in your division (NFC East & North) should you get awarded. Winning a division don't mean a damn thing and you just proved why. The only reason we should have divisions is to decide what half of the games/teams you will play during the year. But ranking wise, ranks should be by best records in the conference and homefield goes off record

I see Beastson's point as well. It's not that way though, and u know that.

I like the way it is currently. Sure it sucks for Teams like the Chiefs... But they had an opportunity to win their division... And they couldn't. Much like how we could have the Division & Conference already locked up with the One seed if we had beaten the Sea Hawks at home week one. We failed to make it happen. For that reason, I agree with the current playoff format.

Archived