• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

ATLANTA: This won't be easy

DaveThePanther2008

It will be a tough game but starting last Sunday, every game is a tough game.  If you want to make the road to the playoffs go through Carolina, you have to beat Atlanta in their house.  You either beat a division rival at their house and get at least 1 game at home or lose that road game and then go on the road for every game from then on.  We will highly motivated to win and sew up the division. There shouldn't be a huge homefield advantage with the playoffs long gone for them.  Crowd won't be that loud especially if we get a lead.  Getting behind big early would be the only thing I would worry about. Otherwise we can hold our own as long as we stay aggressive and play to win instead of not to lose.

I agree with most...ATL will come to play, and we better be ready.

One thing I didnt see mentioned that is worthy of note is regardless of what the ATL front office feels about this game (win it to spoil/lose it for draft position/win it for Gonzalez...etc) many of their players are likely to be playing as hard as they can to keep their jobs. After a season like they have had, and so many rookies playing for them at this point, most of them will likely be playing more for roster spots/extensions than they will simply just for a win.

Guys playing to keep a job tend to play much harder than guys playing for bragging rights.

I expect the Falcons game to be a hard fought battle,so we need for Cam and the offense to step it up more than they did against the Saints,especially since Smitty will not be playing.

The Falcons could have beaten the 49"ers at their own place,so they will be no pushover. I really look for them to play us like it's a playoff game for them.

I think ATL will come out pumped, but after a frustrating season, a big letdown on Monday, I think if we smack them around in the first quarter, they will deflate quickly.

I think this is the key. We need to come out hitting on all 8 cylinders. If we can get ahead by 10 or 14, they will probably roll over and then the rest will be easy.

Archived