• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Adam Schein Still A Schmuck; Throws Cam Shade/Backhand Compliment

FootballMaestro

It is a compliment to Cam's development as a QB and passer you douchenozzles.

How's that a compliment?

[i know you're just being flippant, and/or looking for dialogue here; but I'll bite] Then why not just compliment him for said development, instead of calling him a prime CBPOY candidate? Quite frankly, that makes no sense. 

I don't think Cam is so much better than last year where he could be a CBPOY candidate based off this years growth alone. Sorry, he hasn't been that good. Quite frankly, there's certain things Cam did better last year. However, the team around him (defense, special teams; situational offense; T/O ratio), and coaching has gotten better. That's what's helped the team improve, along with Cam in certain facets in 2013. 

It was a diss!  We don't have to try to qualify it for him. It's simple. Schein is implying Cam was terrible or MIA last year. 

I was just reading, Cam/Panther articles on NFL.com (myself), and stumbled on his article. Some of us do that you know (especially on a holiday/day off)?

I actually read it yesterday. But decided to post it today, cause I think fans should know how some in the media think and operate, even when they're trying to appear converted or changed. Guys like him are still the same.

It was just an FYI. Now, [make sure, you] don't make it more than what is is,  yourself.  

Happy Holidays. 

LOL...no need to worry. I sure wont be starting threads over him and his dribble.

First off; Happy Holidays Guys. 

Our Buddy, favorite Panthers Lover, I meant Hater, Adam Schein is at it again. 

In his NFL.com's weekly "stars" article, he first mentions how he once loudly proclaimed, "Panthers were going nowhere with Cam Newton and Ron Rivera".

Then, after nearly patting himself on the back for that embarrassingly premature prediction, Schein digs deeper, stating at the end of the article:

Some people just can't let go, and admit when they're wrong. Come Back Player Of The Year Schein???

I know we got some Cam doubters and haters in the National media. But I didn't know some could stoop this low. 

The last that I remember, Cam was voted one of the top 50 players in the NFL last year by his own peers that he plays against. So how does that make him "on the short list for [his] come back player of the year"?? That means, he would have had to suck miserably, or be MIA. If you wanna say 'he wasn't as good as his Rookie season (and that's debatable); okay/maybe? But CBPOY??......SMH. Come on Schein. 

You can't make this stuff up. Here's the link:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000303299/article/bill-belichick-cam-newton-among-stars-of-thrilling-week-16

Well, in Psychology that is what you call "Belief Perseverance:"  Clinging to one's  initial concepts even after the basis on which they were formed have been discredited. They were the ones who set out to create a false narrative of Cam and everytime he proves them wrong, they simply find ways of acknowledging his feat, while still pushing the narrative.

Still can't figure out how a QB could have been in a "sophmore slump" when his second season looks slightly better than his first and his third, most successful for his team since 2008, is almost identical to that of the so called "sophmore slump" season. Evenmore was the Panthers won one more game than his first season, with the same really bad defense. How could that be a sophmore slump?

But I do fault many of the Panthers fans because you refused to admit that your team lack of play last season wasn't as much Cam's fault as it was your defense. If the Defense was playing 1/2 as good as they are play now, the Panthers could have at least made the first round of the play-offs. Remember the team went 7-9 last season with a shitty defense and a rookie QB most teams had enough film on by the that season.

Yep!!! it seems many of you enjoyed those in the media obsessive desire to tear down Cam by any means. It helped fuel your own denial over this team's real issues. Some of you still do it even to this day.

How's that a compliment?

[i know you're just being flippant, and/or looking for dialogue here; but I'll bite] Then why not just compliment him for said development, instead of calling him a prime CBPOY candidate? Quite frankly, that makes no sense. 

I don't think Cam is so much better than he was last year, where he could be a CBPOY candidates, based off this years growth alone. Sorry, he hasn't been that good. There's certain things Cam did better last year. However, the team around him (defense, special teams; situational offense; T/O ratio), and coaching has gotten better. That's what's helped the team improve, along with Cam in certain facets. 

It was a diss!  We don't have to try to qualify it for him. 

Actually, Cam is the same player he was in season one. He has cut back on his Ints since his first season, but it's clear the team is using him differently this season, which isn't a bad thing. But this team still has a lot of weaknesses. Those in the media may intentionally not point them out because it's Cam. But even this morning, on NFLN, they were talking about the Panthers and saying how good the team has been, I think it was TD, stated, as they were talking about Cam and show was going to commercials, "they just need to fix that offense."

Everyone one can see what Cam is doing for this team. But it's clear the desire to tear him down because he's a threat to some folks' egos, matters more to them than honestly pointing out weakness on a team they haven't picked as a contender. The last two seasons were the same thing. Those in the media were well aware that the problem with the Panthers was it's defense and occasionally grumbled about it, but never made it their central focus and demanded the team fix the issues like the do with their more preferred teams. It is clear they are very Cam-centered and we all know why.

How's that a compliment?

I don't think Cam is so much better than he was last year, where he could be a CBPOY candidate based off this years growth alone. Sorry, he hasn't been that good. There's certain things Cam did better last year. However, the team around him (defense, special teams; situational offense; T/O ratio), and coaching has gotten better. That's what's helped the team improve, along with Cam in certain facets. 

It was a diss!  We don't have to try to qualify it for him. Schein is implying Cam was terrible or MIA last year. 

I took it as sarcasm...

sometimes when I want you to know I am sarcastic I post in green...we need a sarcasm font.

Archived