• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers Hall of Fame

NJPanthers12

I get the feeling after 20 years the Panthers could start their own Hall of Fame. This isn't a statue or a retired number, rather just a honor to players who will be honored by the organization. If this were to happen who do you believe would deserve induction? Some players I would definitely put in:

Jake Delhomme QB

Brad Hoover FB

Muhsin Muhammad WR

Wesley Walls TE

Mike Rucker DE

Mike Minter S

John Kasay K

And for Active Players:

Steve Smith WR

Jordan Gross OL

Thomas Davis LB

i am probably going to get destroyed for this but why is sam held in such high regard with this team? he only played, what, 3 of his last career years here? then he coached. i get the whole "heart" thing but statistically, he has been surpassed by many players that are just as deserving of the honor as he. for the organization to not recognize those players is a travesty. i would agree that his might be only statue we have but to not retire other numbers is just dumb. if the very day smitty retires, we do not retire his number, fans should revolt. banging the drum is not nearly a big enough honor for those guys.

Inb4 Rae Carruth

This is a pet peeve of mine. Just type IB (in before).

That said, I hope we do have a HOF soon. And why in the hell has no one else been added to the ring of honor at BOA? Is there a five year wait (Kasay)? We've been around long enough now to have more than three names on the ring, two of which (IMHO) shouldn't even be there.

i am probably going to get destroyed for this but why is sam held in such high regard with this team? he only played, what, 3 of his last career years here? then he coached. i get the whole "heart" thing but statistically, he has been surpassed by many players that are just as deserving of the honor as he. for the organization to not recognize those players is a travesty. i would agree that his might be only statue we have but to not retire other numbers is just dumb. if the very day smitty retires, we do not retire his number, fans should revolt. banging the drum is not nearly a big enough honor for those guys.

What he did with what he had is amazing, but Mills will always be a Saint to me. Sort of like Reggie White.  

because there's more to life than statistics.

in his few years here he had a bigger impact on this franchise and it's identity than probably any player we've ever had. he, in a sense, forged and personified what it means to be a carolina panther. you fight. you keep pounding. he is the example to everyone that puts on that panther jersey of what they are supposed to be. he set the standard. that is why he has a statue. that is why no one will wear his jersey. he is revered not for his numbers, but for who he was as a man and a player.

Archived