• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why are dumb sport analysts worshiped?

hdevonxz

Yeah, you're right, it's all opinion now. But that's what the Herd is, it's his opinion and you take it in that vein. But more often than not, I find his takes to be logical and unbiased. Other times, I want to beat the crap out of him. But he always gets me interested...

You might have heard his Delhomme comment on Sportsnation, or on the Herd, he has a 4 hour show on ESPN radio 5 days every week. He's pretty practical and commonsense, a trend different from most commentators, though very egotistical on everything. But he does have a high view on Jake, whether Panther fans do or not...

I'm not a fan of his, not because of his opinion, but because he tends to rable off topic so many times just to use up airspace. Talkinging about his grandmother's hip problems, ect...

If you can't stay on the sports topic your whole show and have to talk about your child's homework problem's, then you don't diserve a show.

Just saying.

"TWSS"!

As bad as football analysts are, baseball analysts are even worse. The baseball season is six months long. That's 26 weeks. A team like Colorado will win nine of 10 games sometime during the season and all of the analysts will swear up and down Colorado is the best team in baseball because they have pitching, hitting and defense (of course they do when they're on a hot streak). One month later Colorado is nothing and they're calling some other hot team the best team in baseball. When the season starts they mostly pick the same eight playoff teams from the year before. It's the easiest gig on TV.

i rem all the times this year when ESPN and NFL network would say

"Stay tunded for our exclusive update on peppers" and then they would come back and say the same thing we already knew...stuff like this and saying they have a source telling them everything is the reason most of ESPN sucks.

all u haters stop hatin the ESPN anylysts are fine u like some and u dislike some (ex. pam oliver) btw dont hate on jim rome hes the man

i like pam oliver..but most of ESPN sucks..i cant stand jim rowe..keyshaun was a better host on his show..lol..as far as gameday football shows my fav is FOX sports

Since Walter Cronkite died. A lot of people have been talking about how he told you the news. No speculation, no rumor, no celebrity. Just the news. He didn't think 24 news was a good thing and he is being proved right. They don't talk about important things anymore. And it's the same with sport news. Too much fluff, opinion and speculation. And at the end of the day you don't know anything about the world or the world of sports. But you know Romo broke up with Jessica and Favre tweeted something about his tractor.
you my hero.

The problem with sports these days is that there is only so much to discuss and so many networks to analyze everthing that happens to the nth degree. 30 years ago, football was mainly discussed on nightly newscast for 2 minutes, 1 hour before the games started on Sunday, and in the sports columns. Now its 24-7, so when they run out of actual sports to discuss, they have to start coming up with crap.

I remember watching football in the early 80's, and I had no idea who Joe Montana or Joe Theisman was dating. About the only nonfootball story I remember about a NFL player was when John Riggins called Supreme Court Justice Sandra Day O'Connor, Sandy baby. That was kind of funny, but not a big deal.

Now we know way to much about the personal lives of Terroll Owens, Tony Romo, and many others, primarily because the networks have to come up with something to justify all those hours on TV.

Edited to add that I just realized I said pretty much the same thing Jangler did.

Archived