• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Real GM Panthers preview: best one I have read this offseason

Fireball77

Not that I agree 100% with all of it but the level of effort & detail (such as why Wharton fits better @ G than @ T) this guy exhibited is phenomenal.

http://www.realgmfootball.com/src_teamarticle/575/20090724/2009_season_preview_carolina_panthers/

Forecast: It's not often a playoff team returns almost every starter, but the Panthers lost only one (Ken Lucas). This is a veteran team with solid talent all around and exceptional talents in several key spots. All signs point to another 10+ win season and a dangerous playoff contender, but there is more pratfall potential with Carolina than perhaps any other playoff-caliber team. Special teams, poor depth at quarterback, wide receiver, offensive line, and defensive tackle, overly conservative coaching, and a tangible sense of desperate urgency to win for Coach Fox and beloved owner Jerry Richardson, who is in poor health. There is a great deal of pressure, and the schedule makers did them no favors. Their first three games (PHI, @ATL, @DAL) and final four games (@NE, MIN, @NYG, NO) are all difficult, and this is a team that has been vulnerable to befuddling gaffes in what should be easy wins. I trust in their running game, their offensive line, and in their defensive talent. The Panthers won't repeat in the NFC South, but Carolina finishes 10-6 and sneaks into the playoffs thanks to early wins over Philadelphia and Atlanta.

i can agree with all that.

this had me scratching my head but everything else seems pretty fair and reasonable and sounded like he, for the most part, did his research.

On the other side, defensive coordinator Ron Meeks deployed a platoon between Tyler Brayton and Charles Johnson, with Brayton playing on run downs and Johnson coming in for passing situations.

Overall a great article, and a fair assessment of our team. There are some intangibles that make the Panthers great and which make me believe we'll finish better than 10-6, but we'll see. If we can get to our bye week unscathed I think the momentum we generate from that and from a "softer" mid season could carry us through and get us to the playoffs super hot.

Overall a great article, and a fair assessment of our team. There are some intangibles that make the Panthers great and which make me believe we'll finish better than 10-6, but we'll see. If we can get to our bye week unscathed I think the momentum we generate from that and from a "softer" mid season could carry us through and get us to the playoffs super hot.

I think we will start hot because of the big playoff letdown. The team will understand that they have too that way they dont lose the fans quick....

It should be a good season...

Just beat Dallas in week three ;)

Didn't Conner tear his ACL?

That article said broke his arm....am I losing it?

You are correct he did tear his ACL.

I do think they are wrong about us not winning the easy games, we only lost to one non-playoff team last year and that was the Bucs, back before they imploded.

Archived