• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

About Sam Mills. What his legacy means to the Panthers

GRWatcher

http://espn.go.com/blog/carolina-panthers/post/_/id/4021/mills-lives-on-in-panthers-in-keep-pounding?src=mobile

"When I found out I had cancer, there were two things I could do -- quit or keep pounding. I’m a fighter. I kept pounding. You’re fighters, too. Keep pounding!"

In many ways, this team is full of players like Mills -- tough, smart, strong-willed and willing to play every snap like it might be the last.

This article made me tear up, seriously. So many good memories of Sam.

#KEEPOUNDING

GO PANTHERS!!!

if i could put together a pre-game set up as the team comes out before a playoff game it would go like this.

yes it's cliche but we play In the air tonight. all the lights are off but the video screen.

various highlights over the years are going on and the part where Phil Collins goes " well I remember" and it echos that is when they put Sam Mills up on the big screen. the crowd goes bananas .

then when it comes to that amazing drum solo part pyrotechnics are timed to go with the drums at the very top of the stadium and after the final flare out run the Panthers onto the field.

if i could put together a pre-game set up as the team comes out before a playoff game it would go like this.

yes it's cliche but we play In the air tonight. all the lights are off but the video screen.

various highlights over the years are going on and the part where Phil Collins goes " well I remember" and it echos that is when they put Sam Mills up on the big screen. the crowd goes bananas .

then when it comes to that amazing drum solo part pyrotechnics are timed to go with the drums at the very top of the stadium and after the final flare out run the Panthers onto the field.

Can it be the Mike Tyson version?

Glad this story was told.  Sounds like this team understands.  The Panthers are the spirit of Sam.  It unites and inspires the team. Best of all...today's Panthers are a team Sam would be proud of.

Thanks GR for the link.

Archived