• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Which Player Do You Not Want Back Next Season

chknwing

http://www.panthers.com/media-vault/videos/Panthers-Insider-Steve-Smith-putting-in-the-work/19e46085-cf9d-4eb7-8313-62b752b5f333

Brandon Lafail. If I didn't want him gone before, I really wanted him gone after that interview. Talks about how hard it was with Smitty out and he can't deal with the extra pressure and attention. He just has a overall defeatist attitude. I don't want losers like that on my team. I don't want him back regardless of price, see ya Donald....

Wow...

Hadn't seen that. I'm seriously surprised he's made it to where he is with that kind of attitude. Does explain alot though.

Lafell, easily. As others have said, Bell would be a decent backup. I see very little value in lafell. He makes the odd catch, and blocks on the outside - sometimes. But he struggles to hold blocks long enough to allow outside runs to get to the second level at times, and we don't seem to run the ball outside the tackles anyway.

I was beaten in saying Blackburn^

But he may end up being a valuable sideline guy. Klein should definitely start next year.

Oh and agreed on LaFell. I defended him on the huddle almost all season. The last few games have made that impossible. I believe he won't be back next season... and out of the league in 2015.

I'm not ready to give up on Lester or White at the moment. Both guys played admirably all things considered for UDFAs. They didn't set the world on fire but the experience they gained should make them solid contributors again next season and they are being paid next to nothing in the grand scheme of things.

I agree. I can't say I'm willing to see anyone go. I truly think everyone comes back better and we all learned what roles everyone thrives at. I'm only willing to cut people that ask for more than they produce. It's hard to speculate who I would cut because frankly they each would be needed somewhere on the roster.

So do we bring Godfrey back? If we cut him we save 2 million in cap space next year.  But we will carry a cap penalty 2014/ 5 mil dead money. 2015/ 3 mil cap penalty. 2016/ 1 mil cap penalty.

As far as Dwill and Stewart cant cut them due to dead money.  Only way to get them off the books is to trade them . 

Lafell, bell, thomas, norman, munnerlyn(not as a corner), Stewart, Scott.

Need to sign FA receiver and Oline my suggestions Hakeem nicks and Geoff schwartz.

Trade hardy for picks we have so many holes that more picks or trades would help, the defensive line wouldn't suffer so much and we still have CJ and star/kk will be even better after a years experience.

Draft depending in FA us go big receiver Benjamin or Coleman and then an Oline man in second, then we should think about cb an safety positions.

All in all proud of this team even the names mentioned above they have there all jut not good enough for the next level! It's going to be an exciting offseason for once.

Archived