• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Phil Simms: "If you think Cam played bad you can suck it."

SCP

Wait..... Cam sucks? Some one needs to tell him his son sucks. That is why his son is no long playing in the NFL. Once the Panthers killed D killed off Chris Simms Spleen while playing against the Bucs. Once that happen he never was the same again. So Phil can suck it himself.

That's not what he said but I like the energy so pie for you.

Well,  he usually does get it in.  He trusted that his line could get the push.  They didn't, they got punked, we all wanted him to go for it.  The fault was in the formation, not our QB wanting to get the td which he usually does.  Field goals weren't going to win the game. 

What I don't get is why didn't we send Cam over the top?  I've NEVER seen that play fail.  Sure it risks injury, but this was a 4th and goal for the NFC championship.  If we are going to do it in the regular season, we should be doing it in big games like that one.

a niner jumped offsides on the last interception. Cam saw it and thought he had a free pass.

I have the game on DVR. Am debating whether or not to re-watch... Not sure if I Can stand it a second time but I'd like to review stuff like this and try and objectively review the officiating to see if it's really as bad as I thought it was.

Outside of the second INT he played a very good game, outplayed Krapernick.

Cam outplayed Kaepernick by just showing up. Kaepernick barely completed 50% of his passes on a loaded roster. How difficult is it to throw a ball to Crab, Vernon, and Boldin, yet he's barely able to do that 50% of the time. I know the league is looking for Rivalry for Cam but it's not there yet. Cam is a freak that only a few are in his league and Kaepernick is not it.

Cam needs a better offensive line, and another couple of play-making WRs. Fix that, and Cam's game will "magically" be elevated. But, make no mistake, Cam had a good year.  I don't really believe that he was the reason we lost any game this year, but if you want to nitpick, then maybe the Cardinals game. I am pleased with how he progressed, and I think that any perceived lack of progression is more about play calling than anything else. 

Cam needs a better offensive line, and another couple of play-making WRs. Fix that, and Cam's game will "magically" be elevated. But, make no mistake, Cam had a good year. I don't really believe that he was the reason we lost any game this year, but if you want to nitpick, then maybe the Cardinals game. I am pleased with how he progressed, and I think that any perceived lack of progression is more about play calling than anything else.

The cardinals game was on the OL and WR's. Lafell dropping a ball that hit right in the hands on a huge fourth down play and Smitty dropping a gimme in the endzone.

Cam looked amazing in the first quarter of that game and then slowly his team started letting him down... Again.

Ok so maybe I paraphrased in the subject line, but he did say this:

@NFLMondayQB: Phil Simms has a message to those who think Cam Newton didn't play well: "You're crazy! You're stupid! He was playing a good football team!"

It's funny when it comes to Cam all folks see is what he's doing. No one is honestly paying attention to what he's working it. But when it comes to the other more preferred QBs, them not playing well is contributed to them not having all of their weapons.

When are those in the media going to leave this kid alone? They need to kiss his ass. 

All Cam needs is a consistent running game, and this team would be very very hard to beat. A playmaking WR would help, but you need to have the ability to move the ball when your QB is off.

Cam had the ball for 8 minutes and couldn't get anyone on the offense to help him move the ball. If any other QB was subjected to such foolishness, you would be hearing those folks screaming for the team to FIX their problem.

The cardinals game was on the OL and WR's. Lafell dropping a ball that hit right in the hands on a huge fourth down play and Smitty dropping a gimme in the endzone.

Cam looked amazing in the first quarter of that game and then slowly his team started letting him down... Again.

I honestly think Cam was exhausted. He can't be the RB and QB at the same time. Not sure who's responsible, but Cam should never be the leading rusher on this team - carries and yards.

Archived