• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Can Jimmy Clausen read a defense?

Awesomeness!!

If Johnny Football has more than one year of success in this league I'd be shocked. You cant run around throwing the ball up in the NFL. He's not even RG3 big and he hasn't played a full season yet.

Poor kid, and their hyping him up.

Unfortunately he will over drafted and start immediately...Recipe for disaster 

Fact:  When in doubt people revert to stereotypes.

Another fact, any discussion involving any QB in this years draft isn't our problem.  I would actually hate having to pick a QB out of this year's class.  Cam was an athletic freak and huge, these guys are all suspect in different ways. 

The top QBs this year are all relatively small, and no one has such a superior case for being number one that by the time ESPIN is done with their hype machine some mediocre talent with a cannon arm will be "in the running for the number one pick"

Possible I guess. But I'm not saying he is without faults. (He is only human) White QBs like Gabbart or Clausen that wash out quickly never have their intellect questioned though, even if that's the obvious reason being their sucking. See, The Golden Calf of Bristol.

I have said this before.The difference between Stafford and Bridgewater or Cutler and Geno Smith or Luck and Griffin, etc. is that Stafford, Cutler, Luck etc came into the league with the ASSUMPTION that they are capable of being an NFL QB. They have to prove they are NOT franchise QBs-- repeatedly to their organization and fan bases before they are given up on. It is assumed they are NFL Ready, can read defenses, capable leaders, and have great work ethics.

Manizel will get this benefit. So will McCarron and Murray. Bridgewater will not. Boyd will not. The later two are "suspicious." 

Bridgewater, Smith, Griffin, etc. have to prove and do it repeatedly that they are capable of running a NFL offense. It is assumed they are NOT NFL single callers. And then again, even if proven to be more than capable, they NEVER really are accepted as franchise QBs. See McNabb, Culpepper, McNair.

This is also the reason why we have Dolphins, Colts, and Bengels (for the most part) ready to extend their QBs. Meanwhile, there are quite a bit of 49ers, Seahawks, and plenty of Carolina fans hoping that their teams pick up the 4th year option and/or tag and trade their current QB. 

Kirk Cousin's QB rating is consistently lower than RGIII's. He is FAR less accomplished than Griffin and as this year proved, not able to win with the Redskins roster either. Yet if asked, most NFL fans will tell you Cousins has "proven to be a NFL QB" and Griffin has not proven anything. See Cousin gets the benefit. Griffin does not despite his accomplishments.

I could give other examples but I will leave it there.

I have said this before.The difference between Stafford and Bridgewater or Cutler and Geno Smith or Luck and Griffin, etc. is that Stafford, Cutler, Luck etc came into the league with the ASSUMPTION that they are capable of being an NFL QB. They have to prove they are NOT franchise QBs-- repeatedly to their organization and fan bases before they are given up on. It is assumed they are NFL Ready, can read defenses, capable leaders, and have great work ethics.

Manizel will get this benefit. So will McCarron and Murray. Bridgewater will not. Boyd will not. The later two are "suspicious." 

Bridgewater, Smith, Griffin, etc. have to prove and do it repeatedly that they are capable of running a NFL offense. It is assumed they are NOT NFL single callers. And then again, even if proven to be more than capable, they NEVER really are accepted as franchise QBs. See McNabb, Culpepper, McNair.

This is also the reason why we have Dolphins, Colts, and Bengels (for the most part) ready to extend their QBs. Meanwhile, there are quite a bit of 49ers, Seahawks, and plenty of Carolina fans hoping that their teams pick up the 4th year option and/or tag and trade their current QB. 

Kirk Cousin's QB rating is consistently lower than RGIII's. He is FAR less accomplished than Griffin and as this year proved, not able to win with the Redskins roster either. Yet if asked, most NFL fans will tell you Cousins has "proven to be a NFL QB" and Griffin has not proven anything. See Cousin gets the benefit. Griffin does not despite his accomplishments.

Bridgewater is a huge exception. Bridgewater is the one qb will admit is ready. Hell look at his game. No one is arguing that.

I don't Manziel is getting that benefit same with McCarron and Murray. 

Geno would have benefited from a watching from the sidelines for a season (as most rookie qbs)

same goes for Manziel, would be disastrous for a team to start Manziel out of the gate...

Any team that drafts Manziel, we should trade Hardy for their 1st rounder type disastrous.

I think you just described the psychological reasons why many carolina fans have still not accepted cam as their franchise qb compared to a qb like stafford perfectly. I wish I could give you pie 10x  *claps*

If you had stopped after the 1st paragraph, I would have agreed 100%.

I don't think there are any significant number of fans for the Seahawks, 9'ers or Panthers that feel their QB should be traded. In Cam's case, that would have been true earlier this year, but it's not now. People almost unanimously support him after the season he had and his heroics in the Saints game in particular.

And no one doubted Griffin coming into the league. Given this season, perhaps they should have, but at the time just about any QB needy team would have wanted him once you got past Indy.

That said, it will be interesting to read the storylines the next time Colin or Russel or Cam are part of a losing season.

Archived