• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Kraken coming up on Fox Sports 1

Ruff

Hardy has said multiple times that he wants to win and is focused on next year because he wants to get better and win.  The key word is win.  A lot of these guys have experienced Losing and hate it.  These are the guys you want to keep on your team because they have a motor.  I think he will take a good cut to stay in Carolina......He's only getting top dollar on sub par to horrible teams aka Raiders........We will see.  I have my doubts for sure and have said multiple times he is gone because of the cap not because we don't want him here.....we will see in a few weeks.  KEEP POUNDING!

I'll be bumping this in a few weeks.

a) we sign him to a big FA contract

b) we tag him and trade him 

c) we tag him and play him

d) let him walk

If "a" is out, and I would REALLY not understand letting an asset like that walk ("d").....,   the next big news to report is what level we tag him.  That will speak volumes whether we are looking for trade partners or want him to play another year under a tag.  

If he leaves, he leaves.. What are we gonna do? All I'm asking is how can you make a definitive statement like that unless you know for sure what hardy is thinking or you have some inside info or whatever?

tagging him makes the most sense right now and gives us the most flexibility.

We literally can't afford this guy though. He may get the 2nd biggest deal of FA behind Ginger kid. I love Hardy, but we are strapped with running back contracts that we can't dump and a still young Charles Johnson. We could use that money and lock up Mitchell, Munnerlyn, and Nicks.Three starters for the price of 1.

You can argue that Hardy has been the most (severely) underpaid player in the league for the last couple of years now.  He's gonna get his now. I think we may be able to keep him under the franchise tender next year, but nothing long term after that. Sad in all actuality...........thanks Marty

If he leaves, he leaves.. What are we gonna do? All I'm asking is how can you make a definitive statement like that unless you know for sure what hardy is thinking or you have some inside info or whatever?

Zod has never or will never have inside info on anything.

I honestly think we should just franchise Krack.  It would allow us to field offers from other teams and in the mean time keep Greg motivated to play well because it's essentially another contract year.  I would be more scared signing him long term and then seeing a production drop off.  Greg has earned a raise from us.  We're the team he has helped very cheaply over the past few seasons.  If we don't keep him, in two years after the rb contracts are off the books we're probably going to be looking at another situation where we're going to have to pay big money to keep the next DE(who may not be as good).  Lets just keep our DLine together.  Our defense makes us contenders.  They're the only reason we went 12-4. If we want to finally get those back to back winning seasons.....defense is still the priority.

Archived