• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who Scores the First touchdown during the regular season

QuasiYoda

Who Scores the First Panthers Touchdown of the 2009 Season  

114 members have voted

1. 1. Who Scores the First Panthers Touchdown of the 2009 Season

• Deangelo Williams
    • Jonathan Stewart
    • Steve Smith
    • Muhsin Muhammed
    • Goodson
    • Beavers
    • Delhomme
    • The Defense

True, but with that playoff game stuck in everyone's head I think the Eagles are going to stack the box and force Delhomme to throw. That's why I'm going with Smitty. After he goes for 100+ yards and 2 TDs in the first half, I think they might scrap that idea though.

With the scheme they run, I don't know that the Eagles stack the box much. I'd have to take a closer look but off the top of my head it doesn't seem like it.

That said, Jim Johnson isn't running it this year. Sean McDermott is, so who knows? They do have a corner they'd likely trust one on one with Smith (Samuel, assuming he's healthy).

With the scheme they run, I don't know that the Eagles stack the box much. I'd have to take a closer look but off the top of my head it doesn't seem like it.

That said, Jim Johnson isn't running it this year. Sean McDermott is, so who knows? They do have a corner they'd likely trust one on one with Smith (Samuel, assuming he's healthy).

Also no Brian Dawkins this year for Philly

Watching the Eagles the few times I did last year I think Samuel still gambles a whole lot trying to jump routes and it can get him in trouble. What the Cats might want to consider is changing a route slightly so that it looks like something they have run with success before. Asante's anticipation results from his studying tendencies (as is the case with most players, but he will gamble more if he thinks he sees what he saw on film which is very good for him sometimes and sometimes not so much). I think Smitty can take advantage of that.

Watching the Eagles the few times I did last year I think Samuel still gambles a whole lot trying to jump routes and it can get him in trouble. I think Smitty can take advantage of that.

Quite possible. Also worth remembering Delhomme and Smith have the old underthrow/comeback trick down to a science.

They do have a corner they'd likely trust one on one with Smith (Samuel, assuming he's healthy).

I sure hope so. As good as Samuel is, I don't trust anyone not named Nnamdi Asomugha to stop Smith one on one.

And I see Beavers got two votes. Good to see him and his mom stopping by. Welcome to the forum guys.

Archived