• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

It's gone snow.

Darth Biscuit

just saw a prediction of 18-24" along the coast. LMAO

The models aren't built to forecast this kind of event.  In order for us to get anything measurable at all out of this, one system has to zip across mexico in time to supply moisture to the arctic front.  But not too early, or there will be rain/ice.

I saw "zip" "Mexico" and "moisture". 

The song Sexy Mexican Maid came to mind. 

just saw a prediction of 18-24" along the coast. LMAO

The models aren't built to forecast this kind of event.  In order for us to get anything measurable at all out of this, one system has to zip across mexico in time to supply moisture to the arctic front.  But not too early, or there will be rain/ice.

Now, now Jase...  I've seen these models too, but it is possible.

We got 20"+ here on Christmas Eve 1989.

Holy hell, as if it's gonna snow 2 feet in eastern NC. I've lived in the east my entire life up until 2012, and the most we've ever gotten since the early 90's is, what, 4 inches maybe? I know there was 15 inches back in the late 80's, but 24 inches? Come on now...

I seriously doubt we get more than 6" near Wilmington, but like I said, there is precedent for a lot more... in 1989, life stopped for a week. I lived about 30 miles west of Wilmington and we got 22" at my house, Wilmington got slightly less.

LOL, damn. Ya'll done be screwed. We have enough plows up here to plow earth. I bet Wilmywood has like some dude in a pick-up truck with a shovel on the front. 

I think that might be generous.  I doubt we have more than a handful of snowplows... hell, they have been canceling school here for COLD alone.

I remember when I lived In the Triangle back in 2000 we got 22 inches of snow. School was closed for almost two weeks.

Sadly, we don't see that kind of good stuff in Tennessee.

In '84 or '85 there was a big snow storm around Knoxville.  We lived in Maryville and I want to say there was like 16-20" there.

Archived