• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What I Think Will Happen

NJPanthers12

Only way I'd favor cutting DeAngelo would be if we drafted a RB early. And even then, there isn't much to be gained from cutting him cap-wise. I'd like to get Stewart's contract off the books, but again, the way its structured that might not save us much.

Contract year, and he puts up very modest numbers. He missed meetings. Slept through meetings. Didn't care it was happening.

Those are all reasons why the Giants are letting him walk.

And the Panther faithful are lining up him.

the giants they slept through whole games so to point to a modest season for Nicks as fault is not quite accurate.The offense was horrible and it looked like they were purposely looking away from Nicks though that cannot be established unless someone from the Giants says so. i would be more concerned with the durability question than motivation.

In hope that our gm and coaching staff can get him motivated I guess! His ability theres no question he's hugely better than what we have and have had and better than most FA outthere but his desire who knows if it can be restored, It wasn't there last season but looking at the giants most of there players looked like they were wanting be somewhere else on a game day. It's a risk but so is sign most players.

I don't see him as hugely better.

To take a risk at a critical position is not what I'd advise. There will be plenty of options available in free agency that won't be the risk he is.

If gettleman signs him, than I will hope and pray for the best.

There are better options though.

the giants they slept through whole games so to point to a modest season for Nicks as fault is not quite accurate.The offense was horrible and it looked like they were purposely looking away from Nicks though that cannot be established unless someone from the Giants says so. i would be more concerned with the durability question than motivation.

I thought the durability issue was a given.

In hope that our gm and coaching staff can get him motivated I guess! His ability theres no question he's hugely better than what we have and have had and better than most FA outthere but his desire who knows if it can be restored, It wasn't there last season but looking at the giants most of there players looked like they were wanting be somewhere else on a game day. It's a risk but so is sign most players.

very well said.

This "all giants players had a bad year" mentality is a joke.

Nicks has many big warning signs all over him, and you go out of your way to dismiss them.

Think Gman will dismiss that crap?

He seems to level head to do so.

it is not a mentality it is a fact. The Giants were horrible most of the year. warning signs mean different things to different people. If Nicks was one of the main reasons the giants were bad then you could make an argument about that but he wasn't. The whole team was fairly dysfunctional and a mess. To point out other factors and variables is not dismissing, Not pointing them out would be dismissing them.

I think Gman knows Nicks and would have a better insight to who he does and does not bring to the table. You speculate your way, I speculate mine.  

If we sign Nicks then everything is wide open for us. We can then be patient in the draft and draft the best available OT, CB, or WR. If not, then we might have to reach a little for a WR. A 1 year deal to Nicks would be great at determining whether he can be a #1 target(not exactly have to be a franchise WR). An 80 catches kind of guy.

I don't see him as hugely better.

To take a risk at a critical position is not what I'd advise. There will be plenty of options available in free agency that won't be the risk he is.

If gettleman signs him, than I will hope and pray for the best.

There are better options though.

I'm struggling to see where the better FA are, it's being reported the jets are wanting to sign both of Emanuel Sanders and Jeremy Maclin, I think those two and nicks are a level above the next batch of FA receivers, I mean are the other guys better than Lafell?.

I'm hoping Like most are that Nicks sees coming to carolina as a chance to rejuvenate his career and become a winner, for that to happen yes he does need to change his mentality of all is to be believed about his attitude, but as I said he won't be the first or last guy to play with a lack of motivation on a losing ugly team, it's not right but it happens, it's down to the player and staff to keep themselves hungry.

Hmmm, bored on a Friday night, but have a couple questions.

If we currently don't have the room for Hardy, how do we now find franchise QB money AND the money to sign Hardy?

Think we will NOT be big FA players up front.  Hoping we find more Ginns and Mitchells as 2nd and 3rd tier FA's

Also, I think if we offered to GIVE DWill or Stew to any of the other 31 teams, if they would take them and their contract, we would get no takers, much less anyone who would want to give us anything at all in exchange.

I'm struggling to see where the better FA are, it's being reported the jets are wanting to sign both of Emanuel Sanders and Jeremy Maclin, I think those two and nicks are a level above the next batch of FA receivers, I mean are the other guys better than Lafell?.

I'm hoping Like most are that Nicks sees coming to carolina as a chance to rejuvenate his career and become a winner, for that to happen yes he does need to change his mentality of all is to be believed about his attitude, but as I said he won't be the first or last guy to play with a lack of motivation on a losing ugly team, it's not right but it happens, it's down to the player and staff to keep themselves hungry.

I would say Decker is at or near the top. Not a #1 but a very good WR.

I would say Decker is at or near the top. Not a #1 but a very good WR.

I didn't want to say decker because I think out of all the receivers he will probably be asking for the most money, so the top receivers were the three I said Maclin, Sanders and Nicks, then you got the next level guys who are on cheaper deals, it all depends on what cap space a guy would take up anyway.

Archived