• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"...this dork did the Supercam pose..."

top dawg

nfl_rrivera_dj_300x300.jpg Courtesy of the Riveras per David Newton  of ESPN

Rivera may not be the best coach, but he really is a wonderful coach, and I fully understand why the players fight so hard for the guy.  

"What happened there was a little chance to poke a little bit of fun and have a little bit of fun," Rivera told ESPN.com. "And it was nice. I do value the relationship I have with our players. There is a professionalism to that relationship, but at the same time I understand they're people and there's a certain way to handle them at certain times. 

"I try to be open minded about it."

David Newton continues to make parallels between the Seahawks and Panthers in his latest .  Sure the teams appear to have similarities in terms of team-building philosophy, but Newton points out that their record after three years was exactly the same, as well as the main point of the piece: Ron Rivera and Pete Carroll are "player's coaches" that have some similarities.

I don't get it

Why doesn't he just walk off casually and hand his AP coach of the year award to the ref like Barry Sanders

don't he know we pay his salary and he needs to just shut the fug up and do his job?  We pay his salary and he can't act like he's been there before..  He has to have a little fun, but instead he needs to shut the fug up and give boring, monotone interviews in the name of sportsmanship! And we pay them.  In support.  And judgement.  And therefore, such as, we hate to feel jealous..  

People don't give Ron enough credit. I'd argue he's a better coach than Carroll (other than the Super Bowl ring...) since the Seahawks honestly have a fair amount more talent than we do, esp. at secondary and receiver. And they weren't in cap hell like Ron has had to deal with. Hopefully this parallel remains on the same track, with Riverboat Ron hoisting the Lombardi next year.

People don't give Ron enough credit. I'd argue he's a better coach than Carroll (other than the Super Bowl ring...) since the Seahawks honestly have a fair amount more talent than we do, esp. at secondary and receiver. And they weren't in cap hell like Ron has had to deal with. Hopefully this parallel remains on the same track, with Riverboat Ron hoisting the Lombardi next year.

No. Just no.

The only reason all those late round DB picks are any good is because the former DB coach Carroll is coaching them.

When Rivera gets a Lombardi or two, let's talk.

No. Just no.

The only reason all those late round DB picks are any good is because the former DB coach Carroll is coaching them.

When Rivera gets a Lombardi or two, let's talk.

I'm sorry but no chance that "the only reason all those late round DB picks are any good is because the former DB coach Carroll is coaching them." If we swapped secondaries with them, we'd have just won the Super Bowl and they'd barely be in the playoffs, like we were. Coaching is a factor but it is absolutely not "the only reason." And many of them weren't late round picks.... Earl Thomas, Walter Thurmond, etc. Browner was but he played amazingly with Denver before going to Seattle, so that doesn't really count... That entire secondary has ridiculous size and elite talent, two things our entire secondary doesn't have. Richard Sherman also wouldn't count as a late round DB, because that guy is an absolute monster and his draft pick was just one that slipped through scouts, like Brady. He has top 10 overall draft pick talent and smarts. 

Archived