• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bobcats Trade Deadline Thread

Proudiddy

I don't understand why everyone is getting so worked up about rumors. Since Cho has been here the Cats have:

• Traded SJack, Livingston, and Tobias Harris for Maggette and Biyombo
  • Traded Matt Carroll for Hakim Warrick
  • Traded Hakim Warrick for Josh McRoberts
  • Traded Corey Maggette for Ben Gordon and likely 2014 pick
  • Signed Al Jefferson

As far as the rumors go, none of these trades or the Al Jefferson signing were rumored about before they happened (the Biyombo trade was agreed upon before it happened but not in a rumor before then). The front office has been linked to a TON of trade scenarios, NONE of which have happened. This is including the 30 times we've heard that MKG was on his way out, only to return and become a cornerstone of the team. Not to mention that the Mike Dunlap hire and the Steve Clifford hire both came seemingly out of nowhere. This front office is tight-lipped. Nothing gets out. So I don't read into anything that the media feeds us.

As far as everyone concerned about making a bad trade, you could easily argue that we won every single one of those trades. The first, and largest, trade could be considered a push but I would say that we came out on the better end of the deal as Cho essentially traded an aging SJack, Livingston, and Tobias Harris for Biyombo, Ben Gordon, and a likely late lottery pick in the upcoming draft. He also turned Matt Carroll into Josh McRoberts. I'm not worried at all about getting "hosed" by another team.

I don't understand why everyone is getting so worked up about rumors. Since Cho has been here the Cats have:

• Traded SJack, Livingston, and Tobias Harris for Maggette and Biyombo
  • Traded Matt Carroll for Hakim Warrick
  • Traded Hakim Warrick for Josh McRoberts
  • Traded Corey Maggette for Ben Gordon and likely 2014 pick
  • Signed Al Jefferson

As far as the rumors go, none of these trades or the Al Jefferson signing were rumored about before they happened (the Biyombo trade was agreed upon before it happened but not in a rumor before then). The front office has been linked to a TON of trade scenarios, NONE of which have happened. This is including the 30 times we've heard that MKG was on his way out, only to return and become a cornerstone of the team. Not to mention that the Mike Dunlap hire and the Steve Clifford hire both came seemingly out of nowhere. This front office is tight-lipped. Nothing gets out. So I don't read into anything that the media feeds us.

As far as everyone concerned about making a bad trade, you could easily argue that we won every single one of those trades. The first, and largest, trade could be considered a push but I would say that we came out on the better end of the deal as Cho essentially traded an aging SJack, Livingston, and Tobias Harris for Biyombo, Ben Gordon, and a likely late lottery pick in the upcoming draft. He also turned Matt Carroll into Josh McRoberts. I'm not worried at all about getting "hosed" by another team.

The Al Jefferson signing was rumored well before they even met, heck him possibly meeting the team came out a few weeks before he even did. 

Jackson was headed out as soon as the team traded Wallace, it was just a matter of time and it was rumored before it happened as well. The Bobcats liking Biyombo and wiling to trade up was rumored and even the correct team was in the rumor. 

Same thing for the Maggette for Gordon and a pick, there were rumors all over the place before it happened. 

There's usually nothing to rumors, because trades usually fall apart. There's definitely a fire where there is smoke though. 

Guest Dark Knight

People here still make arguements that Biyombo has not been a bust......

"Charlotte has also been pushing for frontcourt help, and would be eager to dump center Bismack Biyombo, sources said. Interest in him, though, has been very limited."

multiple-sources-meme-300x190.gif

People here still make arguements that Biyombo has not been a bust......

"Charlotte has also been pushing for frontcourt help, and would be eager to dump center Bismack Biyombo, sources said. Interest in him, though, has been very limited."

Biyombo is worthless.

Bobcats need to stop drafting on potential and start drafting talent. 

BOBCATS PURSUING ANTHONY MORROW FROM PELICANS.

POTENTIAL DEPARTURES: BISMACK, ZELLER, MCBOB

Sent from my SGH-T399 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Source?

I know they were looking for front court help.  I'm guessing we're looking to dump Smack off on them first and foremost.  I doubt Clifford is looking to upgrade Zeller's minutes with a McBob departure, unless they plan on swinging several deals at once.

Source?

I know they were looking for front court help. I'm guessing we're looking to dump Smack off on them first and foremost. I doubt Clifford is looking to upgrade Zeller's minutes with a McBob departure, unless they plan on swinging several deals at once.

Bleacher Report. Ill get link

Source?

I know they were looking for front court help. I'm guessing we're looking to dump Smack off on them first and foremost. I doubt Clifford is looking to upgrade Zeller's minutes with a McBob departure, unless they plan on swinging several deals at once.

Bleacher report got the article from CBS Sport

http://teamstre.am/Nc5pS6

Report: Bobcats targeting Arron Afflalo, Anthony Morrow

Archived