• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Thomas Davis restructures to create $3.25M in new cap space

PantherFeez

I'd rather get 2 good WRs, and 1 starting OT than 1 Hardy. Paying $30m for 2 DEs is retarded... Didn't we learned that with Williams and Stewart?

I agree but comparing our RB's deals to DE's deals is ridiculous. RB's like those two are a dime a dozen, whereas Hardy and Johnson are not. I think Hardy will accept somewhere around $10-12m/year here and Johnson will take a pay cut to help keep him and other pieces here. $30m would be too much, but around $25m is definitely worth it to keep our front 7 so strong. I believe we CAN live without Hardy, but if we can find a way to keep him without ignoring other pieces, then I think we need to do it. And I think G-man will find a way to get enough cap room to keep Hardy, draft a starting caliber WR, and get FA starting-caliber WR (Nicks?), OT, and CB (Verner, please please please). Whatever happens, I'll be happy with. I trust Gettleman 100% to do the best possible thing.

Archived