• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

You want a winning team or a "feel good" mediocre one?

Jmac

Give me something to make this move feel less heartbreaking and crappy. Give me just one thing. There is no one left on this roster to improve our offensive output, no one to even keep it at the same mediocre level as it was before. I hope they tell us more than "the answer is already on the team" bs.

And that is the million dollar question...

Who will take his place? Who can take his place? I think in the long run, this was the right move. But, not in a vacuum. There has to be a follow up move to make it effective.

it is done fellas... no choice but to look ahead. many of you don't handle a breakup well i see. nevertheless, whatever it takes to win. I don't expect us to exactly pickup where we left off, but if you think this year's cuts are big next year will be bigger in reference to "attachment" players. The RBs are next year.

These RBs can in no way be compared to Smitty.

Not even in the same ball park, neighborhood, town, county or state.

You guys, I think I just cracked it...

Cam has no receivers > Cam bombs this year statistically > Cam's value plummets > Cam's rookie contract expires > Bereft of other options, Cam resigns with Panthers > Long-term deal with franchise QB at rock bottom dollar value. PLUS first overall pick in the draft!

Gettlemagic

You guys, I think I just cracked it...

Cam has no receivers > Cam bombs this year statistically > Cam's value plummets > Cam's rookie contract expires > Bereft of other options, Cam resigns with Panthers > Long-term deal with franchise QB at rock bottom dollar value. PLUS first overall pick in the draft!

Gettlemagic

Genius.

So one cannot be a fan of he players AND the team at the same time? I own a Smith jersey. He was one of the greatest Panthers of all time. We keep him this year and he is on the books through 2016 with a big ole salary.

I was at Carowinds for the 1st draft party so let's ease up on the "You don't know what he means to this franchise" talk.

Sorry but I get emotional about things that actually "matter" in life...like Publix commercials

Well let's not take my words and think they are about you specifically. You're a mod on a Panthers message board of course you have been a fan for the long haul.

You're going back to the money. Review my first statement.

This is about punching the fans "that care" in the stomach and telling us to just deal with it.

Try not to force your disconnected unattached business like views on those of us who were emotionally attached to a certain player. I don't expect you to start crying over it so don't expect me to just shrug and move along like nothing happened.

These RBs can in no way be compared to Smitty.

Not even in the same ball park, neighborhood, town, county or state.

Smitty now can't compare to the Smitty we got attached too. And like SS, these boys around here attached to the rbs as well. smh... CHANGE!

Who's to say this is how you do it? Forcing a pro bowl LT to retire and throwing our best player all time under the bus for 1 mil? Not to mention offense was already our weak link and they were two of the few good players on offense

Looks like more players are being pushed to retire....not to mention cutting defensive players that turned things around when we were 1-3.....it almost feels like we are starting over after being so close to going to the Superbowl..I mean....we could have beat SF and Seattle IMOP

Archived