• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Thomas Davis not pleased with Carolina not signing Nicks

Car123

Alright anyone with over 5 yrs experience on this team raise your hand. You're all fired. Each and everyone of you are interfering with cams ability to be a leader. So we are releasing you. Actually we are releasing everyone. But don't worry bc here's a list of players we will be signing:

Jimmy clausen

The Golden Calf of Bristol

And another dt

Well I'm sure they can read... "Nicks signs 1 yr deal for 3.5 mil" and realize that even the Panthers have that amount of cash to work with...

But I guess since your little mind can't understand that, then it would be unbelievable.

Actually it was a 1 year 5.5 million dollar deal as far as the books are concerned. His incentives are considered ltbe and thus count untill he doesn't get them.

Ahhhh, that makes more sense.

Yep, thing with incentives is if they are considered likely to be earned then the team would have to have the cap space for them available before the end of the year. So even if you count Smith's cap savings the team wouldn't have had enough after signing rookies.

They're depleting the supporting cast around Cam so he has a down year in a contract year and they don't have to pay him like they would if he improved again. All a slimy motive, and that of a franchise that isnt playing to win.

Congrats on posting absolutely the dumbest thing I've ever read on here and that's saying something about your post.

And for the record, even though SOME of you act like whiny children, I do respect your opinion that you think this team is headed in the wrong direction. That's a valid argument to have and I can respect it whether I agree with it or not.

What I take issue with is people claiming to be Panthers fans saying poo like;

Can we fire Gettleman and bring back Smitty?

I hope when we play Baltimore next year Smitty kicks our ass!

If we don't sign Hakeem Nicks, I am DONE with this sorry ass team!

Those people can go fug themselves and find another team to root for because y'all ain't poo as far as I'm concerned. I'm hearing about people giving up PSL's, staging protests outside of BOA, saying we better move up 25 spots at any cost to get Watkins. That is some off the wall retarded poo right there and you deserve every bit of ridicule coming your way. In fact, if you take offense to this post then good, that means it's aimed directly at you and for good reason.

If you are like Montsta is a dick but not offended, that's great. That means we have differing opinions and god bless you for it. That's why we are on a message board so we can talk about the Panthers not be a bunch of yes men and robots. I personally think that our team was in such bad shape cap wise, that in order to have a long term plan some poo has to go down. We have a very talented, very young defense for years. We will get some offensive peices to go along with our D. If you dont agree, let's discuss. But when people come into a thread like fug Gettleman and fug you if you blindly follow him derp derp that's just crazy talk.

And for the record, even though SOME of you act like whiny children, I do respect your opinion that you think this team is headed in the wrong direction. That's a valid argument to have and I can respect it whether I agree with it or not.

What I take issue with is people claiming to be Panthers fans saying poo like;

Can we fire Gettleman and bring back Smitty?

I hope when we play Baltimore next year Smitty kicks our ass!

If we don't sign Hakeem Nicks, I am DONE with this sorry ass team!

Those people can go fug themselves and find another team to root for because y'all ain't poo as far as I'm concerned. I'm hearing about people giving up PSL's, staging protests outside of BOA, saying we better move up 25 spots at any cost to get Watkins. That is some off the wall retarded poo right there and you deserve every bit of ridicule coming your way. In fact, if you take offense to this post then good, that means it's aimed directly at you and for good reason.

If you are like Montsta is a dick but not offended, that's great. That means we have differing opinions and god bless you for it. That's why we are on a message board so we can talk about the Panthers not be a bunch of yes men and robots. I personally think that our team was in such bad shape cap wise, that in order to have a long term plan some poo has to go down. We have a very talented, very young defense for years. We will get some offensive peices to go along with our D. If you dont agree, let's discuss. But when people come into a thread like fug Gettleman and fug you if you blindly follow him derp derp that's just crazy talk.

Montsta, I appreciate your take.

Some people are just better at practicing restraint.  I am not one of them.  I am pissed and I want everyone to know.  But, I always calm down after a fallout period.

Some might think it's whiny, I don't.  I'm telling it how I see it.  I'm living in the present, and presently, we suck ass as we have had key players cut, sign elsewhere, or retire from a 12-4 team.  So, we are no longer that team.  We are what we are presently.  I'm not saying we absolutely will suck when the season starts, but there is not a single bright spot right now in what's going on...  That can change, but I don't see us being able to fill all of the holes that have been created.

But, as anyone who has known me since I've been on this board (since 2004), nothing changes where my loyalties lie.  I'ma  Panther fan for life, so regardless of what happens, I'm gonna be here.  That doesn't mean I'm going to be touting sunshine, rainbows, and unicorns when it looks like nothing but poo is all over the windshield.

This has just been an unbelievably bad start to the 2014 league year.  Far worse than I could've imagined...  And thus, I'm going to express that until it changes.  But, right now, after today, I think I'm just going to go into chill mode for a bit posting-wise...  All we can do is sit and watch.

Archived