• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers' Dave Gettleman has guts...

CanadianCat

I would like to see us sign a few players too, just like everyone else. But I also think many here are being naive if they think Gettleman doesn't have a plan, or that he is willing to sacrifice 2014.

My guess is he has a list of players he thinks will be cut June 1st after other teams see what they can get in the draft, and a further group that may get let go in camp. Chances are they will be older rentals to get us through a year or two while he strengthens through the draft and gets our cap in order. Remember that players like Dwan Edwards for us and Carlos Rogers for the 49er's were both picked up in August by their respective teams. Just because we aren't filling holes now doesn't mean we won't fill them with decent players.

I suspect that many of you would feel better if you heard Gettleman talk in more depth about this issue, but it is not his obligation to show his cards to the fans or the rest of the league. Patience is required.

If we hit September and the team is made up of scrubs, then blast Gettleman. It's too early right now.

The offense isn't very good with or without receivers. If this is what it takes to put the team in a better position next year it must be done. I also don't think the offense is set up to have a receiver go for 1200 yards. Could that be because all of the team's receivers suck? Possibly, but the offense will rank about the same next year as it did this year. As long as they find a non-terrible LT they should be fine.

I still wonder about Gman. Why did it take him so long to get a gm job? With all that experience shouldn't someone have given him a shot before us?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

I still wonder about Rivera. Why did it take him so long to get a hc job? With all that experience shouldn't someone have given him a shot before us?

It's all Hurney's fault guys. He's literally got Gettleman held hostage, Gettleman isn't even making the decisions right now.

do you really not recognize the effect hurney's contract blunders have on the reality of today's team finances or is this simply a dogmatic position?

do you really not recognize the effect hurney's contract blunders have on the reality of today's team finances or is this simply a dogmatic position?

Of course Hurney made bad decisions.

Is Gettleman the only GM in history to walk into a tough situation?

Just how long are people planning on letting him keep that free pass in his back pocket?

Archived