• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

knights game

toldozer

I know I'd miss the old Knight Stadium. The parking, food and seats were reasonable.

Now, I'll have to take out a loan to see the Knights play, like I do for the Bobcats.

You can get tickets to both for $8.00 each. What are you talking about. The amount you pay in parking you probably save in gas.

Mellow Mushroom is right there beside the park.  You also have that French Quarter-esque area with various restaurants [not all bars].  That is really it if you want to stay within a block or two of the baseball park.  But yeah, just grab a few dogs and enjoy the game.

I waited too long and couldn't get tickets.  Looks like I'm gonna be scalping.

If you like sushi EMZY is on Church Street in the new Duke Energy building, it's really good. Mellow Mushroom, American Roadside Burgers, Hasaki Japanese are all right there. PICASSOs Sports Bar is on Church near the park. Latta Arcade has a bunch of places, I won't eat at Valhallas anymore because it makes me explode in a bad way after I eat there.

I work right there so I do get out to all these places. Wish Hartigans was still open....

I heard on 730AM this afternoon that there is currently $250 million in commercial and residential development going up around the ballpark. The lady from the Charlotte visitors bureau said that it includes restaurants and mix use residences and office space. There will be plenty of options in 3rd ward over the next couple of years.

When I first went to work there @ 5 years ago that area had Latta Arcade and that was about it. It's amazing how it's grown and shows no sign of stopping.

old man. we need to make at least one of these games and enjoy some adult beverages in the process. get 2 others to join and rock and roll.

Archived