• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ed Dickson visiting the Panthers

SCP

Was Hartsock really to expensive to keep?  He was a great blocker...seems like we'd want to keep him...

Ed Dickson is a 4-year player.

Ben Hartsock is a 10-year player.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2011/07/2011-2014-nfl-minimum-base-salaries/

4-year vet minimum - $730,000

10-year vet minimum - $955,000

I guess the question is is a guy who can block but not catch worth $225,000 more per year to you than a guy who can catch but not block?

Ever heard the expression "cutting off your nose to spite your face"?

He was our #1 receiving target last year. What's your replacement idea?

Do what now?

You jumped on the beginning of the scenario, because you thought the idea silly. To focus on the end game, which wasn't even brought up. All with a snide, and unwarranted condescending nature.

tl/dr version. You are one argumentative sob aren't you?

I don't usually interfere. Not sure why this one matters more than others. All I know is now that it's started...oh well.

You jumped on the beginning of the scenario, because you thought the idea silly. To focus on the end game, which wasn't even brought up. All with a snide, and unwarranted snide nature.

tl/dr version. You are one argumentative sob aren't you?

I don't usually interfere. Not sure why this one matters more than others. All I know is now that it's started...oh well.

I didn't say anything about the FO.

Do you wish to debate the fact that we do not currently have a #1 WR on our roster?

Other than that, you can spare me the insults. Thanks.

Dickson would be a solid pickup. I think it's clear what the panthers are doing with the offense. We have cam and three good running backs. Put Olsen and Dickson out there with good possession receivers in cotchery and avant..we won't have a lot of big plays, but we will have an offense that is going to possess the football.

Sent from my DROID4 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

No, there is a better chance we extend Olsen to spread out his cap hit.

If Gettlemen sees ASJ or Niklas or Fiedorowicz as BPA in Rounds 2 or 3, picking one of them and signing Dickson could *definitely* be the out door for Olsen if it saves money on the cap and helps resign Cam and Luke.

I didn't say anything about the FO.

Do you wish to debate the fact that we do not currently have a #1 WR on our roster?

Other than that, you can spare me the insults. Thanks.

The first thing you said was that we didn't have a number #1. Which is a dig at the FO for not supplying one.

So you are the one that brought that up.

This revolves around you turning a question upside down to make an unnecessarily snide comment. Just wanted you to know I saw what you did. I saw it with my own eyes.

Dickson would be a solid pickup. I think it's clear what the panthers are doing with the offense. We have cam and three good running backs. Put Olsen and Dickson out there with good possession receivers in cotchery and avant..we won't have a lot of big plays, but we will have an offense that is going to possess the football.

Sent from my DROID4 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

That very well could be "The Dream".

If Gettlemen sees ASJ or Niklas or Fiedorowicz as BPA in Rounds 2 or 3, picking one of them and signing Dickson could *definitely* be the out door for Olsen if it saves money on the cap and helps resign Cam and Luke.

I don't see that happening. I see more of an extension than anything. But...With Gman? I, at this point in time anywho, would not put anything outside the realm of possibility.

Ed Dickson is a 4-year player.

Ben Hartsock is a 10-year player.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2011/07/2011-2014-nfl-minimum-base-salaries/

4-year vet minimum - $730,000

10-year vet minimum - $955,000

I guess the question is is a guy who can block but not catch worth $225,000 more per year to you than a guy who can catch but not block?

Yea the youth movement and such. We will still need help to Bells side so I hope one of the TEs step up in the blocking department.

Archived