• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Alexander fu-ups + hardy playing hardball=Ealy

Jmac

Add C.J's contract and this pick is the result. DG told us that he would pick the BPA regardless....gotta say he is a man of his word. So maybe F.A gone, Hardy gone after next year or Johnson if Hardy does sign. Let's see what he has up his sleeve for our third pick......gotta admit it's interesting strategy.

This is a GREAT pick. Seriously. Now we can play hardball with Hardy. If Hardy doesnt budge trade him for a 3rd round pick next year.

If he does, Get rid of CJs bloated contract and have Hardy+Ealy tearing poo up for the next 10 years on reasonable deals.

he was by FAR the BPA. Dude was projected to be mid-late first round. getting him at the end of the 2nd round is an absolute steal. (I would have been fine with him in the first)

LOVE IT

I like BPA. But people need to stop thinking that this was Dave chosing BPA over a guy who he thought would be a good starting LT this season. If there was a player at the end of the freakin 2nd round that Dave thought could be a good starting LT this season, that would have made him the BPA. Starting LT's aren't easy to come by.

I love this pick.

I can understand the jockeying for position in contract talks, but the bottom line is unless we get protection for Cam at LT it won't matter who we draft at wr... unless the plan is for Cam to hand the ball off every play.

Alexander does not matter much. You still had Addison behind him, this is more about Hardy. Ealy is his clone basically. Plays inside as well. Has a huge ceiling to be honest. This is also insurance for CJ. Gettleman is such a boss. I love this guy. I would hope Hardy can work out a deal but if he does not. I hope we can get something higher than a 3rd round pick. He should garner a 1st rounder, his talent alone is worth that. 

What makes everyone so certain Ealy will be great?  Anyone remember Norwood and Everette Brown?

Um, both of those guys you're mentioning are under 6'2.... and were more line backers than DE's. This guy is 6'4 270+ pounds. Totally different animal than those other guys.  Funny you mention them. Hurney reached for need and look at what happened? Gettleman did not reach, Ealy fell to his lap basically. The line without Ealy is already dominant, plugging him in will allow him to get single covered. He can handle his own with one person. He has handled a double team as well. You can't say that about Norwood or Brown. 

Um, both of those guys you're mentioning are under 6'2.... and were more line backers than DE's. This guy is 6'4 270+ pounds. Totally different animal than those other guys.  Funny you mention them. Hurney reached for need and look at what happened? Gettleman did not reach, Ealy fell to his lap basically. The line without Ealy is already dominant, plugging him in will allow him to get single covered. He can handle his own with one person. He has handled a double team as well. You can't say that about Norwood or Brown. 

Well you are correct.  I could argue a DE is a DE because that was ultimately their intended position in a 4-3 scheme.  That is not the point I am trying to make however.  I hope you are right, but I think people are getting a little spoiled with the recent success in the draft and are setting themselves up for disappointment.

Um, both of those guys you're mentioning are under 6'2.... and were more line backers than DE's. This guy is 6'4 270+ pounds. Totally different animal than those other guys. Funny you mention them. Hurney reached for need and look at what happened? Gettleman did not reach, Ealy fell to his lap basically. The line without Ealy is already dominant, plugging him in will allow him to get single covered. He can handle his own with one person. He has handled a double team as well. You can't say that about Norwood or Brown.

Jason Peter, anyways I hope he pans out. If he does I think it is s great pick.

Archived