• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Great adjustments...Peppers 18 million???

AZPanther

That first Broncos drive really scared me as Cutler's strength (10-15 yard passes) seemed to play into what I think is our weakspot when we lose. Very nice adjustments to keep that in check for the rest of the game by the Panthers D. We could have had a few more pics for sure.

Did Peps go another game without 1 f'ing tackle??? Please explain to me how he wants 18 million or whatever they are saying when he disappears several games a year? I ask anyone who comments to watch a guy like Allen in Minnesota and Ware for Dallas and convince me that Peps is in their league. Those guys are ALWAYS around the ball and not getting single blocked by a rookie. I make a point to watch him throughout the game and I just see him stand up at the point of contact and not use his strength to get through guys its like he is trying to juke his blocker instead of using his strength.

Several reporters mentioned the Tampa game as the biggest in our franchise outside of the playoffs. Where does this Giants game fit into our history now? I believe for whats at stake it moves to the top spot.

defensive ends are not always going to have tackles every week...alot of times they are forcing the ball carrier toward the linebackers that clean up....some of the things peppers does are just not going to show up in stats...he has pretty much been all the qb pressure by himself..to me he is worth every penny

Both Allen and Ware have disappeared for games this year also. Pep does other things that most defensive ends in the league do not do. He is asked to do things alot of defensive ends do not do. The denver LT played a good game against Pep, but especially from the middle of the second quarter on, Pep was getting fairly consistant pressure, also he was being damn near choke slammed on 3 plays that weren't called. I saw 2 screen passes and releases by the running back that he stopped cold by just knocking the back to the ground and then going after the quarterback. Yes Pep deserves the money.

At least we are seeing other guys benefit from the extra attention Peppers' gets - Brayton, Charles Johnson. This is another intangible that can't be measured by stats.

More hatin' on Peps... I'm used to it by now...

He had pressure several times and yes Chaos is correct... them keying on him opens up opportunities for other guys and Johnson, Brayton and Davis took advantage of it.

I saw one play where Peps bull rushed Clady and literally lifted him up off the ground... but yeah, he sucks.:mad:

Did Peps go another game without 1 f'ing tackle??? Please explain to me how he wants 18 million or whatever they are saying when he disappears several games a year? .

You must be retarded. If pepp wanted 20 mill, give it to him.

When peppers is getting double and triple teamed, its harder to tackle someone. Peppers doesn't have to have 3 sack, 9 tackles and 2 FF to justify his future contract. He has already justified it by his play this year

Now please take the Peppers nonsense you're spewing and STFU!!!!!

I think I've seen Peppers pancake more guys this year than any offensive lineman I've ever seen.

Jared Allen doesn't have stats that would lead anyone to say he was in another league than Peppers. Allen has 4 more tackles, 1 more sack, and 2 less forced fumbles. Plus those Williams boys probably get more attention than Kemo and Lewis. I don't know how many times I've seen Jared Allen drop into coverage, either.

Ware plays outside linebacker as well. Not taking anything away from him, because he's a great player, but that's like apples to oranges IMO.

Give Peppers whatever he wants...he needs to be in a Panthers uniform.

If you looked at yesterdays game, Peppers was being held all game long.. Every moron in the U.S. who says Pep is not worth the money is a complete idiot... He is a game changer, he can change the momentum of a game with a blink of an eye, if you dont see that then you are not a true football fan or Panthers fan of that matter. Look at his stats over the years, name a more dominant force in the league then Peppers??? Every offense going against the Panthers every week have to change up schemes to accomodate for this guy, just like they have to with Smith... If that is something to be proud of i do not know what is... Peppers and Smith are the face of the Panthers and I do not see either of them playing anywhere else...

Allen plays on the line with two of the best DTs in the game. Kevin Williams is one of the best pass rushing DTs in the NFL. That's not to say Allen doesn't get double teams, but he certainly gets a lot less than Peppers. Realize that several of our journeymen ends and tackles are getting high numbers of sacks this season and great pressure on the quarterback. It's because they're never having to fight through double-teams or running backs chipping them at the last second.

Also Peppers moved to the weak side this year, so his tackle numbers should drop pretty low and his sack totals and pressures should increase. This is what happened.

Archived