• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Accelerated Maturation for Hardy

Zod

If I were Richardson, DG, and Rivera I would All go down to the jailhouse and have a talk with him right there in the cell before he is released. See where His head is at.

...not quite how it works, but I get your point.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Assault is the threat of physical violence, with the apparent ability to do harm.

Battery is if actual physical contact/harm is done.

Obviously GH has the ability to harm, so if he was threatening the female, it's simple assault. So if you tell your wife, girlfriend, or significant other that you are going to beat their ass, whether you mean it or not you are guilty of assault.

Sent from my iPad using CarolinaHuddle

Maybe it's just me, but I don't see this as a big deal. You can get charged with domestic violence quite easily nowadays.

Is that so?

I've beenon this good Earth for over 51 rotations around the Sun and have never known a single person charged or convicted of domestic violence.

• Pie 2

Oakland offered us a trade for Hardy?

When did this happen?

What did they offer?

They didnt. People think you trade a player by simply sending your guy to them regardless of the other team's offer or cooperation.

If he is cleared of this no big deal....if not I expect him to be released. If he really assaulted her then its a big deal.

Edited by csx
  • Pie 1

Is that so?

I've beenon this good Earth for over 51 rotations around the Sun and have never known a single person charged or convicted of domestic violence.

Good for you. I'm 43 and I do. What does that prove exactly?

These are all red flags leading up to something more substantial. All signs point to more serious problems on the horizon. The NFL is littered with these stories, and Hardy could just be the next sad character and punch line.

"Punch line", Zod?  

Funny there are posters who are wanting to pick up or trade for Blackmon who is a PROVEN substance abuser, and others wanting to cut Hardy for ALLEGED domestic violence. All I'm saying is don't rush to judgement until the facts are known.

Funny there are posters who are wanting to pick up or trade for Blackmon who is a PROVEN substance abuser, and others wanting to cut Hardy for ALLEGED domestic violence. All I'm saying is don't rush to judgement until the facts are known.

To make it clear, I don't want and have never wanted either Blackmon nor Gordon.

BUT there's a clear difference between a drug/marijuana user and an domestic abuser.

One, through his/her own (albeit unwise) choice, commits violence against THEIR OWN body.

The other, through his/her (unwise) choice, commits violence upon SOMEONE ELSE.

You do understand thats a clear difference? Right?

I don't believe that it's about separating his professional and personal life per se, because that's just par for the course when you're a pro athlete or public figure. Sometimes things just intermix.  Greg Hardy just needs to get his personal life in order, and realize that he is under a microscope at all times.  If he begins to act like a grown man and leave the antics of a teen behind, then he will find that his personal life will be minimized, as well it should.  

As for beating on a woman, I would suggest that he get counseling and a course in anger management.