• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Accelerated Maturation for Hardy

Zod

I don't know any people worth knowing that has a domestic abuse charge. You?

Sent from the Carolina Huddle App

I know a lot of people, good ones, bad ones, and people who fall in between. I also know that most battered women dont call the cops because its a one night in jail thing. Next day they get it worse, and nothing is done about it except they get beat worse. If you want to know some more horrible poo I know that children are beaten/sexually assaulted and have less rights than adults so nothing is done. Thats your legal system and thats how it works, I will not side with anyone till I see her picture and the damage he caused.

• Pie 1

I really want to keep Greg on the team if he can stay out of jail. He is a valuable football player. But how can you make any sort of long term commitment with guaranteed money to him? I feel like Greg needs a carrot on a stick to keep him focused and moving forward.

Some of the younger guys probably do not remember Fred Lane and Rae Carruth. Jerry remembers, I can promise that.

It also concerns me that Greg is obsessed with money. He talks about money all the time on twitter. He's posting pictures with diamond studded watches and private jets. He hasn't made that much money yet... If money motivates him, that's fine. I just worry if he gets 40mil guaranteed he may lose his motivation.

I'll say here what I said elsewhere since it applies to the topic...

Kris Jenkins was known for a 'big fun guy' personality, until a nasty domestic squabble with the mother of his kid occurred - and got publicized - right around the time of the Super Bowl.  Jenkins wasn't the same after that.  When the team later traded him, I remember saying that Jenkins was now gone, but "Big Kid" had been gone for a while already.

With that in mind, I find myself wondering if we'll see the 'Kraken' persona again. Even if Hardy were to come out of this unscathed (which sounds like a tall order) I wonder if the experience will change Hardy like it changed Jenkins.

I don't know that you could call the person that Jenkins became "more mature".  Terms such as sullen, morose and perhaps a tad bitter seem like better descriptors.  You'd like to hope, if he gets through this, that Hardy comes out of it better than Jenkins did.

No way to know what's gonna happen at this point.