• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Soccer fans of the Huddle have challeneged this subforum

Zod

I like both... Nobody really post in NASCAR forum so I agree. Will say that soccer will be busy for next month or so but after the World Cup how active will it really be?

Check lounge. We had a 70 page thread last season on soccer.

Check lounge. We had a 70 page thread last season on soccer.

Awesome! I'll have to start checking in on that more often. I keep up with English Premier League the closest but watch some of Spanish La Liga to see Messi. 

I will never understand why people bash soccer. It's becoming more and more rare, but I'd be willing to bet most of these people tend to have lower IQs. 

It's funny because the same people love Nascar and Baseball, the two most boring US sports I can think. 

You'll hear them say, "soccer is so boring, they don't even score," yet, they'll watch a 4 hour baseball game that ends 2-1 or watch cars go around a track turning left for 600 miles.  

The sport is growing rapidly and becoming the most popular among ages 12-24.  You don't have to like it but just stop spouting ignorant poo. You're a dying breed. 

http://sportspath.typepad.com/files/soccer-popularity-continues-to-climb.pdf

I will never understand why people bash soccer. It's becoming more and more rare, but I'd be willing to bet most of these people tend to have lower IQs. 

It's funny because the same people love Nascar and Baseball, the two most boring US sports I can think. 

You'll hear them say, "soccer is so boring, they don't even score," yet, they'll watch a 4 hour baseball game that ends 2-1 or watch cars go around a track turning left for 600 miles.  

The sport is growing rapidly and becoming the most popular among ages 12-24.  You don't have to like it but just stop spouting ignorant poo. You're a dying breed. 

http://sportspath.typepad.com/files/soccer-popularity-continues-to-climb.pdf

I find it funny that you are talking about three of my four favorite sports there.  MLB is easily #1 while soccer, NASCAR, and College Basketball kind of rotate the #2 slot depending on what type of mood I am in and what time of year it is.

Oh, and there is nothing better than a great pitching duel.  =)

I find it funny that you are talking about three of my four favorite sports there.  MLB is easily #1 while soccer, NASCAR, and College Basketball kind of rotate the #2 slot depending on what type of mood I am in and what time of year it is.

Oh, and there is nothing better than a great pitching duel.  =)

Haha well I'm glad you have a diverse outlook! I personally don't enjoy baseball but don't have an issue with it. 

Just can't stand the "soccer is boring" argument that is thrown out so often. 

Haha well I'm glad you have a diverse outlook! I personally don't enjoy baseball but don't have an issue with it. 

I agree with you there.  I think every single sport can be boring on the surface to those that do not understand the finer details of it.  Most people just do not get that and instead bash the sport and its fans when they are ignorant about the strategy and whatnot.

lol I had a friend in 1980 tell me that.

Ironically I am currently jumping back and forth between four sporting events: Sox/Rays, USA/Turkey, NASCAR, and the UNC baseball game.

Archived