• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

In flight movies; How censored?

Kettle

I'm about to head out of the country on United, and checked out their in flight movie list to see what I might watch.  There are some pretty good movies, but I don't know if they will be worth watching.  The biggest one in question is "Wolf of Wall Street", but "American Hustle", "The Hobbit" and some comedies like "Delivery Man" and "Anchorman 2" are available.  Does anybody know how much will be clipped from any of these?  I should be viewing on a private screen, but others will obviously be able to see.

I'm about to head out of the country on United, and checked out their in flight movie list to see what I might watch. There are some pretty good movies, but I don't know if they will be worth watching. The biggest one in question is "Wolf of Wall Street", but "American Hustle", "The Hobbit" and some comedies like "Delivery Man" and "Anchorman 2" are available. Does anybody know how much will be clipped from any of these? I should be viewing on a private screen, but others will obviously be able to see.

Probably $7-$10.

Ive flown on Delta internationally a few times and my experience was that the movies were free and they were completely uncensored.

On one flight I got pretty embarrassed watching Get Him to the Greek because of the little old lady sitting beside me.

Ive flown on Delta internationally a few times and my experience was that the movies were free and they were completely uncensored.

On one flight I got pretty embarrassed watching Get Him to the Greek because of the little old lady sitting beside me.

Just think how pissed you'd be if you had to pay for that piece of crap movie.

Just think how pissed you'd be if you had to pay for that piece of crap movie.

The flight from Atlanta to Johannesburg is 16 hours one way and 17 the other.

By the time you're halfway home you're gone through all of the good movies that are being offered.

The flight from Atlanta to Johannesburg is 16 hours one way and 17 the other.

By the time you're halfway home you're gone through all of the good movies that are being offered.

Off on a tangent here, but can't you load up 3-4 movies on a tablet, notebook or laptop before your trip?

The only way I'd watch an in-flight movie is if the screen is in the seat back in front of me and not one of those 1980's monitors that drop from the overhead in the aisle.

Off on a tangent here, but can't you load up 3-4 movies on a tablet, notebook or laptop before your trip?

The only way I'd watch an in-flight movie is if the screen is in the seat back in front of me and not one of those 1980's monitors that drop from the overhead in the aisle.

Yeah those long haul flights are individual entertainment with seat back touch screens and a selection of 20ish free movies and a bunch of crappy TV shows.

Since I dont really sleep on planes I cant really carry enough movies to fill all of that time and the selection really isn't that bad.

Right now it includes:

Robocop

The Lego Movie

American Hustle

Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues

Captain Phillips

Dallas Buyers Club

Her

The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug

The Hunger Games: Catching Fire

Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit

Lone Survivor

The Monuments Men

http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_US/traveling-with-us/in-flight-services/amenities-information/entertainment/personal-audio-video/delta-on-demand.html

Not the best cinema in the world but that and a couple of ebooks will fill up 33 hours quite nicely.

Archived