• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rockets declined Chandler Parsons 4th-year option

Jakob

That's just like taking Pff word as gospel.

Hard facts are we gave up fewer points a game when he played. And we had no rim defense or great shot blocker and still had a top 6 defense.

Hard facts are we had 3 OT games and had one terrible game against Portland where we gave up 134 points, as well as a tough west coast road trip which altogether skewed those numbers a bit. Plus Jeff Taylor got hurt and we had a PF in Tolliver starting at the 3 through a lot of it.

We are better defensively with MKG on the floor, but he isn't someone who can't be started over with right guy.

BTW, PFF is a grading system, not stats

Do you mean CDR??? Which he played a lot of SG when Henderson was injuried.

Yes CDR, and I erased that post because it was inaccurate.

The main point was that we had a PF in Tolliver starting at 3 for many of those games after Taylor got hurt.

NT

Use numbers from outside of that time period then and you get 97 PPP without and 93 with MKG. Still elite defensive numbers, problem was he got into foul trouble a lot and they cut his minutes after the injury. Still doesn't stop his numbers from being elite level defensively.

Sent from my iPad using CarolinaHuddle

Use numbers from outside of that time period then and you get 97 PPP without and 93 with MKG. Still elite defensive numbers, problem was he got into foul trouble a lot and they cut his minutes after the injury. Still doesn't stop his numbers from being elite level defensively.

Sent from my iPad using CarolinaHuddle

Correlation does not always mean causation.

But for the 100th time, MKG is a good defender and we are better defensively when he is on the floor.

But to say he is a catalyst that can't be started over is in my opinion innacurate.

Archived