• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PJ Hairston punched a high school kid tonight?

SCP

I'm pretty sure it doesn't take a lot to get kids today in a fighting mood. Have you seen the news lately.?

Clearly defending a guy that has yet to prove he can stay out of trouble. Have Kemba or Big Al gotten into any fights this offseason? Nope. This isn't "normal" or "no big deal." With the history he already has, it is pivotal for him to stay out of any negative situation.  He was drafted 10 days ago and we already have a story. Unreal.   

Yeah, but when you're a professional, you're held to a higher standard. I don't know what happened, but I'm guessing there was some trash talk going on.

Charles Barkley was a professional but he was going to defend himself.

Now if the situation is PJ fault then blast his dumb ass. But if he was defending himself then it's hypocritical to think I wouldn't do the same thing.

Clearly defending a guy that has yet to prove he can stay out of trouble. Have Kemba or Big Al gotten into any fights this offseason? Nope. This isn't "normal" or "no big deal." With the history he already has, it is pivotal for him to stay out of any negative situation. He was drafted 10 days ago and we already have a story. Unreal.

No I'm just realistic about what can happen at a "pick up basketball game". I have seen weapons drawn over a "pick up basketball game". Let's find out the facts before we judge anybody.

No I'm just realistic about what can happen at a "pick up basketball game". I have seen weapons drawn over a "pick up basketball game". Let's find out the facts before we judge anybody.

Sorry man, I just don't think you can give a guy with his past the benefit of the doubt.  He's gotta earn that back, and this isn't a good start.

"Supposedly" there is video...and the kid doesn't punch first/at all. He's also saying on Twitter he didn't throw punches. God bless Twitter rumors.

I saw the Kids tweet as well. If true then PJ is a fuging moron and his agent is a POS trying to make the kid look bad.

Just to add my two cents: If you're PJ why put yourself in this situation? He has access to the Hornets practice facility now, why does he need to be playing a pickup basketball game at a YMCA where everyone knows who he is and how fragile his reputation is. I'm not sure if he started it or not, but either way he needs to be smarter. Glad we took him at 26 and not at 9 like some wanted.

I don't understand how you get drafted to an organization with a "troubled past" and nobody is keeping tabs on you. He should've never been in Durham and considering the risk of drafting him, he obviously needs someone looking out for him

Sent from my HTCONE using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

I don't understand how you get drafted to an organization with a "troubled past" and nobody is keeping tabs on you. He should've never been in Durham and considering the risk of drafting him, he obviously needs someone looking out for him

You can't babysit a professional. If you don't believe he can keep himself out of trouble you don't draft him.

Kid says he didn't throw first punch. This could turn out not to be a big deal considering Steve smith got into how many fights and still turned out to have a great career?

As long as he doesn't get into trouble with the law I'm happy.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

You can't babysit a professional. If you don't believe he can keep himself out of trouble you don't draft him.

Not saying babysit, but I bet if anyone from the Hornets organization were in contact with him four days away from your first summer league game, then this wouldn't happen. Especially when the guy has character issues from the start. Just saying, it could've been prevented. You know what you drafted, now be proactive about it. Don't throw poo to the wall and hope it sticks

Just to add my two cents: If you're PJ why put yourself in this situation? He has access to the Hornets practice facility now, why does he need to be playing a pickup basketball game at a YMCA where everyone knows who he is and how fragile his reputation is. I'm not sure if he started it or not, but either way he needs to be smarter. Glad we took him at 26 and not at 9 like some wanted.

A lot of pros do it this isn't a isolated event when it comes to basketball. Kemba plays pick up games in New York. Mugsy and Dell use to play at the Y on Albemarle Rd. In Charlotte.

Archived