• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hayward agrees to sign

Jazz beat reporter says no way Utah doesn't match, no chance of a S&T and that the Jazz will use all 72 hours to match.

Sent from my iPad using CarolinaHuddle

Omg!! They are going to hurt a Nic Young signing!!!

fug Utah they will be paying a Max deal and still watching us in the playoffs.

Definitely too much, but it only way it has a chance to get done. Jazz has to match this huge offer to keep him.

This gives us best chance to get him. Anything reasonable would have been matched in 2 seconds

We're on the same page. I completely agree. It's not like anyone else who could make a significant impact would have come any cheaper.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Wonder what plan B is or, actually, plan A since everyone knows how likely jazz are to match. They've got a ton of cap space, and unfortunately they have to use a good portion of it. I'll be shocked if they don't match, even though it's definitely an overpayment.

If they were willing to toss a max to Hayward, why not Parsons instead? Seems clear he's much better shooter. I didn't see west coast games too often. Is GH a much better facilitator?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

I thought he was a SF

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

He is.

But people on here are so desperate to believe that MKG will be the starting SF (even though his offense is still putrid) that they think we will offer a max contract for a SF and then play him out of position.

He is.

But people on here are so desperate to believe that MKG will be the starting SF (even though his offense is still putrid) that they think we will offer a max contract for a SF and then play him out of position.

In many cases the SF and SG (wing positions) are interchangeable. 

Been reading Jazz forum.

Apparently if they match GH offer, they are gonna lose Berk or Kanter and many feel those two are more valuable than GH.

Please dont match Utah.

Exactly.

I think they will let Kanter walk next year but they need Burks. Hood will be groom to take over for GH. Not sure why they would match the offer unless they plans to trade him during the trade deadline. Pretty sure GH is not in their long term plan.

Archived