• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

LEBRON TO CLEVELAND! (OFFICIALLY CONFIRMED)

bLACKpANTHER

This is a victory for every fan of a small market team that had to put up with four years of "small markets can't attract stars, small markets can't keep their stars, small markets can't win in this league."

Now if Vince will just make amends with Toronto...

It is the exact opposite. Lebron said it had to do with it being his home which is why he went back. He should just admit Miami was done and Cleveland has a young stacked roster. 5 top 10 picks 3 of which were number 1 overall. Sorry just seems like he took the easy way out once again.

Apparently small markets need their stars to be born and raised in that city.

really hope Cle doesn't trade Wiggins. Build around Lebron with youth. Don't force an attempt at a championship this year by trading away assets...

Difference is this time around LeBron will be on the other side of 30. With his bull in a china shop playing style, their window with him isn't as wide open as it would have been had he stayed.

Difference is this time around LeBron will be on the other side of 30. With his bull in a china shop playing style, their window with him isn't as wide open as it would have been had he stayed.

they've got 3-5 years of Lebron dominating, IMO.

It is the exact opposite. Lebron said it had to do with it being his home which is why he went back. He should just admit Miami was done and Cleveland has a young stacked roster. 5 top 10 picks 3 of which were number 1 overall. Sorry just seems like he took the easy way out once again.

Apparently small markets need their stars to be born and raised in that city.

Cleveland hasn't been to the playoffs since he left and one of those number ones is a bust who might get traded away with the other number one Wiggins for a guy who has never been to the playoffs in Love. He's also got a coach that has never been in the NBA.

This is hardly walking into the Heat in 2010 and the letter acknowledges that. Clippers, Bulls, and Suns all would have been better teams to go to. I want to still beat the guy but props to him for making things right.

Most importantly, this is great for the Hornets. The southeast is wiiiiiiide open.

Idk, I think Lebron could mirror Duncan in terms of longevity and productivity. Their styles change slightly, as they have to adjust, but his game could be effective AND elite-level productive for years even after the athleticism declines.

I'm kind of glad that LeBron has gone back home. It will give him a chance to make up for leaving and try to deliver them a championship.

As for their roster moves. I think if they roll with their current young roster, LeBron and some veterans that will chase rings, then they could be a top four team next season.

I can see the appeal of adding Kevin Love. A Iriving - LeBron - Love trio will give them three star players, all of whom can help the Cavs dominate for the next five years plus if they stay together. Depends on what it takes to get him, but Love is in his prime and can still improve. So if it comes down to him or Wiggins/Thompson, then I'm not sure what I'd do...

In regards to the Heat. Do people think they will hit the rebuild button and start over , or will they try to bring back Wade and some veteran free agents to try and make a go of it?

Idk, I think Lebron could mirror Duncan in terms of longevity and productivity. Their styles change slightly, as they have to adjust, but his game could be effective for years even after the athleticism declines.

Agreed. He's great at getting to the rim, and he's become a very good jump shooter as well. LeBron is a dedicated player and will refine his game when certain aspects of it start to decline.

For me, LeBron could play for as long as Duncan and Dirk if he stays injury free.

the Heat are indebted to Wade, long-term.  If they don't bring him back on a very comfortable deal, Riley will lose a lot of credibility with players.

But I think they hit the reset button other than that, unless they somehow manage to hold onto Bosh.

Idk, I think Lebron could mirror Duncan in terms of longevity and productivity. Their styles change slightly, as they have to adjust, but his game could be effective AND elite-level productive for years even after the athleticism declines.

He certainly has the skills to age gracefully. Whether or not he wants to adjust is the difference between being a Duncan and a Wade.

Archived