• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sporting News Report: Stephenson battle down to Hornets, Pacers, and Mavs

teeray

I know we dislike Bonnell, but he said that Hinrich would prefer to not uproot his family.

So...

Out of Roberts, Sessions, and Augustin who would you like?

Bonnell calls Hornets:

"Hey Rick. We're negotiating with Hinrich, he wants to see if Chicago will match before accepting our offer because he prefers not to uproot his family. We made a good offer & don't expect it to be matched, though."

Bonnell Tweets...

"Heinrich doesn't want to leave CHI. Don't get your hopes up. He isn't coming."

He's been a complete tool since Higgins left. It's obvious he has absolutely no insider with the team now. He's always negative & paints the worst case scenario.

Link or is that an educated guess?

I like it, plus we have a MLE we can use for a PG, or the bird rights to Ridnour for a back up PG.

We can make this happen. At least try Cho!!!

Educated guess based off pacers offer and all the smoke I've seen during the FA period

Sent from my iPad using CarolinaHuddle

This seems to be an updated article from around 12 am from SI. Saw it on twitter. I know its not new news but the thing is I hadn't seen anything regarding Stephenson after the MW signing today, and then this pops up.

http://www.si.com/nba/2014/07/12/lance-stephenson-pursued-hornets-free-agent-nba-pacers

Nothing new SI is just quoting the sporting news for more clicks!

Sent from my iPad using CarolinaHuddle

Per 36- Fg% (3pt%) Pts, Reb, Ast, Stl, Blk, Tov

Hendo- 44% (30%) 15.9, 4.5, 2.6, 0.9, 0.5, 1.7

Marvin- 45% (34%) 13.3, 6.3, 1.6, 1.0, 0.6, 1.4

Compare their career Per 36, which I listed. Marvin has a slightly better career Per 36. You can't just cherry pick stats from one year and say Henderson is a better player than Marvin. Henderson played on a solid team with a good PG in Kemba & one of the most dominant players in the league in Jefferson. Marvin was stuck on a terrible team that had very little talent and was tanking.

You're talking about how it's okay that Henderson is making $6mil per and he'd be a "terrific" 6th man. Yet Marvin is so overpaid at $7mil per and he can't possibly put up the production to justify it.

They have nearly identical production & make nearly the same amount of money. Yet you think one is valuable & would be a terrific 6th man while the other is mediocre & was an atrocious signing.

You really have no clue, kid.

You do realize that Henderson played on what will go down as the worst consecutive seasons by a team in NBA history... don't you?

I don't want to see that foolish argument about how Henderson played on a better team because that Jazz team made the playoffs not to long ago. Does Jerry Sloan ring a bell?

I also fail to see how Williams per 36's are better? He shoots 1% better than Henderson and averages less points. Obviously he is going to average more rebounds as he's nearly half a foot taller than Henderson.

If you want some real stats, here you go. Henderson has averaged over 15 points per game twice. Williams has never averaged over 15 points per game. On top of that, Henderson actually excelled on a bad team as where Williams faltered. Take a look at Henderson's two previous years (his per 40's blow Williams' out of the water).

Henderson's efficiency stats are also head and shoulders above Williams. During 2011-2013 (two of the worst years for a franchise in NBA history). Henderson accounted for 17% of Charlotte's total offense. In that same time span, Williams accounted for less than 5% of Utah's total offense.

I'm starting to think it's actually you that doesn't have a clue. Marvin's first two years bring up his stats. If you eliminate those two years you have a decent 7th or 8th man. As with Henderson, you have a player that has progressed with every year. This is the first year in his career that he has regressed.

I think it's time we just accept the fact that Henderson isn't as bad as we think he is. Is he a starter, probably not. However he would be a solid player off the bench, as would Williams. Unfortunately, both are starters on our roster.

Bonnell calls Hornets:

"Hey Rick. We're negotiating with Hinrich, he wants to see if Chicago will match before accepting our offer because he prefers not to uproot his family. We made a good offer & don't expect it to be matched, though."

Bonnell Tweets...

"Heinrich doesn't want to leave CHI. Don't get your hopes up. He isn't coming."

He's been a complete tool since Higgins left. It's obvious he has absolutely no insider with the team now. He's always negative & paints the worst case scenario.

The scenario you presented doesn't show someone with "no insider" information. It shows someone who is a complete douchebag skeptic, who prefers focusing on the negative. 

You do realize that Henderson played on what will go down as the worst consecutive seasons by a team in NBA history... don't you?

I don't want to see that foolish argument about how Henderson played on a better team because that Jazz team made the playoffs not to long ago. Does Jerry Sloan ring a bell?

I also fail to see how Williams per 36's are better? He shoots 1% better than Henderson and averages less points. Obviously he is going to average more rebounds as he's nearly half a foot taller than Henderson.

If you want some real stats, here you go. Henderson has averaged over 15 points per game twice. Williams has never averaged over 15 points per game. On top of that, Henderson actually excelled on a bad team as where Williams faltered. Take a look at Henderson's two previous years (his per 40's blow Williams' out of the water).

Henderson's efficiency stats are also head and shoulders above Williams. During 2011-2013 (two of the worst years for a franchise in NBA history). Henderson accounted for 17% of Charlotte's total offense. In that same time span, Williams accounted for less than 5% of Utah's total offense.

I'm starting to think it's actually you that doesn't have a clue. Marvin's first two years bring up his stats. If you eliminate those two years you have a decent 7th or 8th man. As with Henderson, you have a player that has progressed with every year. This is the first year in his career that he has regressed.

I think it's time we just accept the fact that Henderson isn't as bad as we think he is. Is he a starter, probably not. However he would be a solid player off the bench, as would Williams. Unfortunately, both are starters on our roster.

Thank you for bringing the truth. I like how people talk about how bad that Jazz team was last year, then want to compare career stats. Hendo has played on some of the worst teams in history yet they talk about his career stats, lol. Marvin has played on very good Hawks teams and good Jazz teams. They done this same carp when talking about Gordon Hayward. I also find it funny on this board of how Hayward had nobody around him, and now Marvin had nobody around him. Well they had each other along with Kanter, Burke, Burks, Favors, and Richard Jefferson. That team probably makes the playoffs in the East.

Kemba, Henderson, mkg, Williams, Jefferson w/Neal, PJ, Taylor, vonleh, Zeller, and biyombo as the bench is a playoff team. Still 12 mil or so to sign others, but we have gone from one of the worst teams ever to a legit playoff team in a matter of two years. Good work cho.

Regarding Marvin, people will love the signing once games start.

Sent from my DROID4 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

I think it's so weird everyone keeps shitting on bonnel. His job isn't to be positive it's to relay what he hears/thinks is going to happen. What has he been wrong about this offseason now that he doesn't have an insider?

I think it's so weird everyone keeps shitting on bonnel. His job isn't to be positive it's to relay what he hears/thinks is going to happen. What has he been wrong about this offseason now that he doesn't have an insider?

Much of what comes out of Bonnell's mouth is what he wants to be the case. That's not his job. It's not like most of the Hornets news gets broken by him, anyway.

Why people still keep suggesting that MJ is cheap? If anything, he overpaid for Gordon and still lost out. 

MJ isn't cheap, he's willing to cut checks... no problem. The problem is, people aren't breaking down the door to come here. That isn't his fault. MJ is no Bob Johnson or George Shinn (towards the end). Get over it. The money is there, it isn't his fault.

Didn't he say that the Hornets were not going after any big fish, then we tried signing Hayward a week later?

To add to the Hendo v MW argument, there was an expectation of Hendo continuing to improve. If Hendo had continued to improve, his contract would actually look quite reasonable.

MW's body of work is what it is. If and only if he returned to his 15/6 form would this be a good deal.

And whomever is saying that Hendo is the 5th best guard on the team doesn't know jack poo. He should be the 3rd or 4th best guard on this team but at this point it is between him and an even worse shooting PG for best guard on the team.

Archived