• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

#TBT School Pride Day

Mark S

When I found out that there was an opportunity to meet Cam Newton, I was prepared to do anything necessary. My task was to write an essay of why I should meet Cam Newton for Cam Newton Foundation's 1st Annual School Pride Day. Pretty easy, as I just talked for the love of my Panthers. I was chosen out of a select few to meet #1. You could not believe how excited I was.

A couple months later me and some of my peers who were chosen went down to go meet Cam In the practice fields downtown. So many schools were there and they had so many competitions and relay races for us. Cam would visit some of the school groups while they were playing and just talk.

I met Cam Newton that day, and I was just at a loss for words. Hugged him, made a handshake, high fived him twice, talked to him for a little while, and he confirmed that we are best friends. Literally one of the greatest days of my life and one I will never forget.

Can't wait for football!

post-15469-14067817139_thumb.jpg

Wow dude, are you old enough to be reading some of the stuff on here? Happy for you though.

Technically, no. But trust me I've seen and heard worse. Plus this was two years ago. The majority of The Huddle seems to be fine with it

The best part about this post seems to be your understanding of the English language. Congratulations on taking your education seriously, sir.

ps: Pie for the heart warming story. Would read again.

Thank you very much, I appreciate it. I was raised with the mindset of education first, and I'm glad that's the way I was. Thanks as well for the story compliment :)

That's awesome dude. You will remember that for the rest of your life. I still remember the night I met Chipper Jones and Fred McGriff as a youngster after the Atlanta Braves played the San Diego Padres. Haha, you may be too young to know who these players are.

My father somehow snuck us past security (it was a lot lighter back then), and we ended up in the players parking lot. I had talked with them for quite a bit and got autographs. They even brought me over to Terry Pendelton to continue our conversation and hooked me up with his autograph. My mom still has all those autographs in a box somewhere in her attic.

I am now 28, and still remember that night vividly. As a young kid, I would always imagine my favorite players as immortal beings, but when you actually meet them and converse with them, it is reassuring to learn that they are normal people too, just as you are, but have worked really hard to get to where they are. It is quite inspirational.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Archived