• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Micheal Sam released

You wouldn't hate him if he was straight.

I don't hate him. There are probably dozens of gay players who aren't exploiting their sexuality to make money or continue their careers. I have no issue with Michael Sam, I have an issue with Michael $am.

7th rounder cut and it is news, sad. Perverted media

IMO, that shows how homophobic those in the media  truly are. If they weren't, they wouldn't be treating him any different than the other players.

Homophobic behavior is not just disliking. it's also how much u go out of your way to not appear homophobic.

No I think this is exactly what ESPN wants. If he made the Rams he would have been a fringe player, probably inactive. Now every time a team has a pass rushing injury they can talk Michael Sam. It's the same with The Golden Calf of Bristol. They can also milk the story when he does get signed and plays.

I see someone is wising up to how today's media operate. Nothing about what they do have a darn thing to do with the players. It's mostly about their ability to control and play off the emotions and prejudices of the NFL fans. 

The Rams should have never drafted the kid if they knew they didn't need him. There are way more "straight" players who didn't get drafted, so I don't get the he would have been drafter higher if he wasn't gay argument.

His sexual preference shouldn't even have been an issue. In a sense it's his own fault because he feed off of the media's desire to use his "coming out" as a push for Gay rights in the NFL. Never trust the agenda of today's media. 

Michael Sam has the right to promote himself and his agenda. As long as it doesn't give him an advantage in job seeking (and it didn't), I have no problem with it. Guys promote their crappy music, tshirts, shoe deals, and power drinks all the time. Michael Sam's cause is polarizing but just as valid. 

If you guys think he's not good enough to make it in the NFL, you have a thin veil over your homophobia. "Just don't be in my face about it" and "Well why don't straight men have to tell everyone they are straight?" is code for "I'm uncomfortable with gay people and I don't know how to deal with it". 

He will get a shot somewhere based on merit and need. 

Michael Sam has the right to promote himself and his agenda. As long as it doesn't give him an advantage in job seeking (and it didn't), I have no problem with it. Guys promote their crappy music, tshirts, shoe deals, and power drinks all the time. Michael Sam's cause is polarizing but just as valid.

If you guys think he's not good enough to make it in the NFL, you have a thin veil over your homophobia. "Just don't be in my face about it" and "Well why don't straight men have to tell everyone they are straight?" is code for "I'm uncomfortable with gay people and I don't know how to deal with it".

I have a feeling he won't get another shot unless rams ps him

IMO, that shows how homophobic those in the media  truly are. If they weren't, they wouldn't be treating him any different than the other players.

Homophobic behavior is not just disliking. it's also how much u go out of your way to not appear homophobic.

Maybe they are, but the coverage of Sam has nothing to do with Homophobia, its all ratings.  Like it or not, this kind of stuff stirs things up, and draws in viewers.  And that is what they care about. 

So, u're okay with Sam using his sexual preference to further his agenda but upset when a team treats him like all the other players who get cut. SMH 

So, u're okay with Sam using his sexual preference to further his agenda but upset when a team treats him like all the other players who get cut. SMH 

I don't really understand what you mean. So I guess, no. I'm not mad about anything involving the NFL or the Rams. But I think some of the comments from people that don't like him are sad.

Edit: And let's get something straight. His agenda IS his sexual preference. Would you say MLK Jr. used his race to further his agenda? That sounds as absurd as what you've said.

Archived