• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

JJ Watts gets 6yr 100 million contract!

Pantherman

Can't believe we had that much money to sign him for that kind of contract. And we're already loaded at defensive end.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Watts just set the new standard for contracts for top DEs in the league. So if Hardy get not guilty verdict in court next off season and he has another 10+ sack season on top of it. Expect Hardy to be money hungry and ask for even more then that when he tries to suck the Panthers dry again. You just wonder if Panthers will let him go after this season. We know Hardy and his agent will do anything to get more money in a contract then Watts got. Don't be surprise if another team offers Hardy near QB type money. It is insane.

Nice rebound with Hardy now this is Panthers related!

I like Hardy alot but JJ Watt is much more powerfull, Watt is clearly the N°1 DE.

Agree! Watts is much better at getting at the QB and pressuring them then Hardy is. Don't get me wrong. Hardy is one of the top DEs in the league right now. But Hardy is questionable on why he disappear against good oline. JJ Watts don't always have that problem. Hardy does. Plus most of Hardy sacks last year came against trash oline. Namely the Falcons and Saints. So sometime Hardy is a ? when it comes to getting pressure. And if CJ ain't playing. Hardy is not as good neither. But unlike Watts. Hardy has trouble sometime getting pressure on QBs with good oline and when CJ ain't playing. But again he is a solid run defender and is solid most of the time at pass rushing and questionable at other times. Hardy deserve a nice fat contract with good money. But no where near that kind of money Watts just got. Maybe 5 yr 60-70 million and 45 million gtd and 20million signing bonus. But nothing like what Watts just got. Hardy would have to have 20+ sacks this season to even sniff the kind of Money Watts just got or more in a contract. We will see what happens. But I think the Panthers might have a tough time keeping him after this season. I got that bad feeling right now.

It has to do with what we might have to be dealing with Hardy on next off season to even have a chance at keeping him on this team. :)

It doesn't matter if he gets 20 sacks this season, the Panthers are letting Hardy walk. They wouldn't have even franchised him had they known this domestic abuse case would've followed.  

It doesn't matter if he gets 20 sacks this season, the Panthers are letting Hardy walk. They wouldn't have even franchised him had they known this domestic abuse case would've followed.  

Really? When did you be come the new GM of the Panthers? Nice to meet you. Plan on resigning Newton during the season? And frankly you are judging Hardy before he gets into court and in front of a jury. I'm sure if Hardy is not found guilty by the jury. Then the Panther will do their best to resign Hardy if they can afford it and if the price it right. Stop getting a head of yourself. We don't know what the out come of Hardy verdict is and if DG will let him go or not. Unless you have some inside info the rest of us don't.

Watts just set the new standard for contracts for top DEs in the league. So if Hardy get not guilty verdict in court next off season and he has another 10+ sack season on top of it. Expect Hardy to be money hungry and ask for even more then that when he tries to suck the Panthers dry again. You just wonder if Panthers will let him go after this season. We know Hardy and his agent will do anything to get more money in a contract then Watts got. Don't be surprise if another team offers Hardy near QB type money. It is insane.

I think Drew Rosenhaus just busted a nut!!!

Archived