• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Lion's may be in trouble at RT and CB

iamhubby1

Indeed, provided he is the one that Caldwell goes with. Garrett Reynolds still might get the start. And there still exists a small chance that Waddle plays. One thing I've learned about Caldwell so far, he doesn't say much of anything before game day about his players.

We'll see Sunday.  Either way, I would suspect whoever it is, will get a little help.  I know they don't like to max protect, but I fully expect chip blocks all afternoon.

We'll see Sunday.  Either way, I would suspect whoever it is, will get a little help.  I know they don't like to max protect, but I fully expect chip blocks all afternoon.

Yeah. I wouldn't be surprised to see Jed Collins (fullback) in a lone back set on occasion for that purpose.

For those that think starting an UDFA at RT such a bad thing, Waddle himself started last year as an UDFA. And he did quite well for the season over there. Nevin Lawson happened to help shut down Victor Cruz for the day to the tune of 1 catch for 20 yards on him and a total of 2 catches for 24 yards. Not saying that its easy to replace your starters with rookies, but Bentley wasn't that good to begin with. The guy was a penalty machine, he probably has as many penalties as he does tackles in his career. Now Detroit needing help with chips and protection on the right side, yes, is it the end of the world for them? No. 

Archived