• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Front Office has lost it!

AKPantherFan

If what Greg Hardy has or HAS not done was sooooo bad he would have been suspended back may/june...

This is nothing more than the Commish saying "make it go away"....

FU NFL... and FU media...

I cannot wait until the trial takes place and this BS is over and Hardy is vindicated...

We all know that poo wont be in the media...

Misinformed.

If you listened to what Gettleman said, it's pretty clear the NFL didn't give them a choice.

Gettleman said suspension was never an option for the team.

Okay, I'll admit my ignorance.  What exactly can the NFL threaten the Panthers with?  The NFL wants Greg Hardy gone.  Why don't they just handle it themselves?  Is the NFL simply muscling the Panthers so they can tell the media, "It was the Panthers' decision to deactivate Hardy, not ours."?  Seems kinda weaselly. 

This team is not one guy and some of you just don't get it.This had to be resolved now or it would be a never ending circus.Hardy will be fine, he has his money that he wanted and will play again some day, some where.Time to move on..there is football to be played.

Okay, I'll admit my ignorance.  What exactly can the NFL threaten the Panthers with?  The NFL wants Greg Hardy gone.  Why don't they just handle it themselves?  Is the NFL simply muscling the Panthers so they can tell the media, "It was the Panthers' decision to deactivate Hardy, not ours."?  Seems kinda weaselly. 

If you seen the press conference you would have realized that in essence that the Panthers FO basically say "we had no choice"-

DG looked visibly destraught as he appeared to not agree with the decision.

its very evident that the decision didnt lay with the Org and the gave in..

BITCHES..

There is a reason the NFL hasn't suspended him yet. 

I think they would have if he hadn't agreed to this.

Gettleman made clear that the Panthers weren't going to do it.  But with all the heat that's on them right now (even more after today's news about Brandon Marshall) they clearly want Hardy out of the spotlight.

Okay, I'll admit my ignorance.  What exactly can the NFL threaten the Panthers with?  The NFL wants Greg Hardy gone.  Why don't they just handle it themselves?  Is the NFL simply muscling the Panthers so they can tell the media, "It was the Panthers' decision to deactivate Hardy, not ours."? 

If the NFL suspended him, it would have been without pay.  Getting him to agree to it with pay (and probably an agreement to stay out of the spotlight) works better for the league.

Thats MY point... ZERO balls by our FO...

Not once did they clarify their stance....

it basically was "we are forced into this-- it sucks-- there is no rule book"  WTFE

Saying "suspension was never on the table for us" is a pretty clear statement of their stance.

Archived