• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mike Shula "We cant expect to win many games running the ball 10 times"

Mark S

Hey Mikey, ever notice how a lot of the other decent teams call plays that take advantage of mismatches or situations? How come it seems like every catch KB makes has to be a circus catch in coverage? How come we don't run and quick hitters and poo like the bubble screens Pitt was running on our D to keep them honest? How come it seems like you are just trying to impose your hardheaded will on offense when you don't have the personnel besides Olsen, Benjamin, and Newton.

Oh, and while I'm griping, change the snap-count/cadence every once in a while.

We know the weaknesses, draw up some plays to take advantages of the strengths. Damn.

When ur QB run more yards than the guys who get paid to, one expect a comment like that. How about mixing it up a bit?

This team lost not because of Cam, the Oline or the Receivers. This team lost because u have coaches who stick to one game plan and the opposing team figures it out. Adaptability is not this teams strong suit.

I read other Sports sites and So called Panther fans r ready to bench Cam making all sorts of ridiculous comments.

WHEN UR QB IS RUNNING MORE YARDS THAN THE RBS AND HE's NOT 100, I guess someone realizes what this team is dealing with hence, Shula's comment.

Hey Mikey, ever notice how a lot of the other decent teams call plays that take advantage of mismatches or situations? How come it seems like every catch KB makes has to be a circus catch in coverage? How come we don't run and quick hitters and poo like the bubble screens Pitt was running on our D to keep them honest? How come it seems like you are just trying to impose your hardheaded will on offense when you don't have the personnel besides Olsen, Benjamin, and Newton.

Oh, and while I'm griping, change the snap-count/cadence every once in a while.

We know the weaknesses, draw up some plays to take advantages of the strengths. Damn.

See, this is where the Shula hate just distorts reality. Benjamin had made a lot of tough catches but he is being given chances to make plays in ONE on ONE situations. That is what you are suppose to do with him. That is ideal usage of him.

As far as the quick bubble screen offenses....Cam Newton is our QB. His worst throws have generally been the short ones. Our WRs also are the quick twitch speed dudes...

Sometimes in the NFL you are the nail. Pitt was the week prior. We got a dose of it. We have been the hammer more often than not as a team since Shula took over with him playing with a team concept in mind.

Can't react too much to any one game

Archived