• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kelvin Benjamin named NFL Offensive Rookie for September

lola

It just goes to show you once again, when you get stuck in that NFL draft hoopla and you're looking up 70 mock drafts every day, you can easily overlook guys like KB whose stock was all but downtrodden for first round pick consideration. KB was either considered too raw at the position (compared to Sammy Watkins or Odell Beckham) or not talented enough (compared to Mike Evans) to be a first round pick

Right now he leads all of them in yards lol

friend of mines cousin met cam and kb shopping in the mall earlier this week.

said cam was on the phone but shook hands smiled and said whats up. talked to kb for awhile about fsu said he was really shy and nice.

said they were carrying massive amounts of bags.

another friend met kb in downtown charlotte and said the same thing. was very approachable and super humble.

we got a winner.

It just goes to show you once again, when you get stuck in that NFL draft hoopla and you're looking up 70 mock drafts every day, you can easily overlook guys like KB whose stock was all but downtrodden for first round pick consideration. KB was either considered too raw at the position (compared to Sammy Watkins or Odell Beckham) or not talented enough (compared to Mike Evans) to be a first round pick

i still think obj is going to tear this league apart.

It also shows, no one is an expert on the NFL, or any draft for that matter; including all the so called experts (GM's and scouts for various reasons).

We all kinda knew OT or WR. Looking back at the OTs that fell to us, this seems like an even better call. 

yea i remember having conversations with top dawg leading up to the draft saying i didn't think gettleman would pull the trigger on kb because he seemed raw, unpolished route runner after reading about what DG was interested in a WR. i knew he had the chance to blow up and be the best in the draft based solely on his size and athleticism. but i thought he had the highest chance of busting. I remember thinking the drops weren't a concern because most happened in one game.

i was all in when DG said kelvin could run the route tree "better than most" in the draft. shows you how much i know. glad we got the dude because not only is he producing from day one but he seems like stand up dude from what i've heard from people who have met him.

Archived