• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Greg Cosell talks Cam and the Saints game

Johnny Rockets

I don't think anyone is asking that you move on from him. I think Cam is a competitor and can fix those problems. He just has to work harder.

That last part bugged me for a minute, and maybe it's because I'm crazy.....

But, has Cam ever been called a film rat/junkie/ etc?  We can look at him and know that he is in the weight room, but is he one of those guys who likes to watch film as much as he enjoys playing?

This is not a criticism, I'm being honest, and I can't remember if he is one of "those guys" or not.  Lots of young QB's don't realize how important film study is, just wondering if Cam is or isn't one of those guys.

That last part bugged me for a minute, and maybe it's because I'm crazy.....

But, has Cam ever been called a film rat/junkie/ etc? We can look at him and know that he is in the weight room, but is he one of those guys who likes to watch film as much as he enjoys playing?

This is not a criticism, I'm being honest, and I can't remember if he is one of "those guys" or not. Lots of young QB's don't realize how important film study is, just wondering if Cam is or isn't one of those guys.

I might be completely making this up because this is from memory of a tweet by either BBR or one of the beat writers, but one of them said that Cam and Kuechly are in the film room more than anyone else on the team.

I am about 80% sure I read that, but I can't recall exactly who said it.

Now we're back to questioning his work ethic again?

Welp....

No you ass hat, and I've asked you before, if you are going to talk about me, quote me.

I'm asking if he spends a ton of time in the film room, who he is in there with, and who all feels like he is getting the coaching that he needs.

You can tell he plays hard, practices hard, and works out hard, I'm wonder if he works on the "little things" as much as the others.  Many young QB's don't understand how important the film study is.

Good Lord.

No you ass hat, and I've asked you before, if you are going to talk about me, quote me.

I'm asking if he spends a ton of time in the film room, who he is in there with, and who all feels like he is getting the coaching that he needs.

You can tell he plays hard, practices hard, and works out hard, I'm wonder if he works on the "little things" as much as the others.  Many young QB's don't understand how important the film study is.

Good Lord.

If it was entirely directed at you, I would have quoted you.

Of course if anyone is going to bother quoting you, it might help if you didn't start out immediately calling them an ass hat unprovoked.

I might be completely making this up because this is from memory of a tweet by either BBR or one of the beat writers, but one of them said that Cam and Kuechly are in the film room more than anyone else on the team.

I am about 80% sure I read that, but I can't recall exactly who said it.

That's what I was looking for, I never read the local papers and such and didn't know if anyone had some "insider" stuff.

Thanks, that makes me feel better, and at the same time a little concerned.

Carson Palmer has a career 86.4 QBR. Cam has a 85.7. Not much difference yet you say Carson Palmer and I quote is "a damn good QB". So what does that make Cam? We are not even taking into account his running ability. My point with Palmer was you can win with a average passing QB and even I'll admit Cam is average passing at this time. Carson Palmer has been in the league 10 years so you essentially know what you are going to get. Cam's ceiling is so much higher and if you can't see that then I can't help you. Can you imagine Cam working in Chip Kelly's system? We are wasting his talents trying to play a ball control offense to suit this dinosaur style of football that Rivera wants to play.

If you don't want to pay the man then don't but don't come crying when you are stuck with another Clausen. I will root for the Panthers regardless and wonder what if when I see Cam dominating in another uniform.

Anybody could flourish in Chip Kelly's system, which is why I wanted him so badly that offseason, but we stayed with Ron for his 3rd year (stupid decision). There is no doubt in my mind that Cam would flourish in his offense. But if we keep this coaching staff and play him like a game manager, then there is no reason to pay him that kind of money when we aren't even going to utilize him and his strengths correctly.

This x1000

well, before Cam had been playing as good as anyone. if you include the last three games, all bad, then questioning his consistency isnt that hypocritical.

we all know football players get critiqued week-by-week, especially QB's, it comes with the territory. this is might easily his worst three game stretch in his pro career.

well, before Cam had been playing as good as anyone. if you include the last three games, all bad, then questioning his consistency isnt that hypocritical.

we all know football players get critiqued week-by-week, especially QB's, it comes with the territory. this is might easily his worst three game stretch in his pro career.

Coincidentally, Cosell also questioned Newton's "consistency" last year before the Giants game. We know how that played out.

There's still games to be played. If there is one thing we know about Newton, it is that he is a fierce competitor. If the fans and these "analysts" can see it, you can sure expect that he knows it. The question now is, can our head coach pull everyone back together for another run?

Archived